We are looking to recruit a Lab Instructor for the Department of Management Information System at the College of Business to join our team in September 2019.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· A Master’s Degree in the relevant teaching discipline
· Publications in high quality journals is an asset
· University teaching experience and/or relevant industry experience is highly preferred
· Ability to work in a diverse, interdisciplinary and fast paced environment
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
The candidate should have an advanced understanding of the current trends in higher education (focus: MIS) and able to effectively relay his/her knowledge to students. He/she should be committed to AUM’s vision, mission, and educational philosophy and has a desire to make a positive impact on students and the community through scholarship, teaching and service.
The candidate should:
1. Run and manage the MIS (Management Information System) lab within the College of Business Administration.
2. Create students’ clubs which will be conducted in the MIS lab through different software packages.
3. Develop an agenda for the students’ time convenience during the registration for the clubs.
4. Search and develop activities and competitions to be conducted on a local and international level.
5. Activities created by the MIS Lab Instructor should address the academic needs requested by faculty members to support the learning process.
A career at AUM is an opportunity to work with accomplished academic and professional colleagues, offering one of the best job remuneration packages across the globe and an opportunity for career and intellectual growth.
Our Human Capital team has a specialized unit dedicated to ensure that the relocation and settling of all overseas candidates is as smooth as possible.
Interested candidates should provide the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org :
· Availability date
· Curriculum Vitae
· Statement of teaching philosophy
The American University of the Middle East (AUM) is a leading academic institution and the biggest private university in Kuwait. AUM offers bachelor degree programs in Business Administration and Engineering and Technology, in addition to a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA).
AUM pride itself in its human capital and attracts the best faculty members from across the globe. With more than 40 nationalities of faculty and staff on campus, AUM’s close-knit learning and teaching environment celebrates diversity, innovation and dynamism.
Located in Egaila on an expansive campus, AUM offers students and faculty state of the art facilities, including cultural center that hosts AUM Opera House and AUM Conference Center, a modern and fully equipped library, a Sports Center, a FIFA certified football court, a Research and Innovation Center and world class discipline based labs.
Established in 2008 in affiliation with Purdue University in the US, AUM had one vision and one mission: to be a leading university in Kuwait and beyond.
With more than 9,000 fulltime students currently enrolled, AUM’s leadership and faculty understand the importance of preparing students for local and global challenges. Joining AUM means you will focus on shaping future leaders who can guide industries towards new grounds in innovation and technology.
A career at AUM is an opportunity to work with accomplished academic and professional colleagues, offering highly competitive research grants and remuneration packages, and an opportunity for career and intellectual growth.