Faculty member is expected to maintain the highest personal standards of character and conduct, to keep abreast of his or her academic discipline through continuing study, research, and/or participation in the activities of his / her professional organization.
2.Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate and/or graduate students
2. Ensuring students reach their full potential through the use of innovative teaching methods.
3. Supervision and counseling of students on theoretical and practical activities.
4. Supervise students’ laboratory work (if required).
5. Evaluate and grade students’ class work, laboratory performance, assignments, and papers.
6. Compile, administer, and grade examinations.
7. Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
8. Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
9. Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
10. Supervise undergraduate and/or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
11. Keep abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
12. Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
13. Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks and laboratory equipment.
14. To assist the chair and colleagues of the member’s department in carrying out the program of the department.
15. Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge, and publish findings in professional journals, books and/or electronic media.
16. Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
17. Write grant proposals to procure external research funding.
18. Prepare and submit required reports related to instruction.
19. Act as advisers to student organizations.
20. Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
21. Provide professional consulting services to government and/or industry.
22. Any other duties assigned by the Dean.
A holder of a PhD degree or an equivalent degree in the relevant or related field from a recognized University.
Two years of experience in teaching and research with earned academic rank of Assistant Professor in a recognized University.
Knowledge & Skills:
1. Ability to teach, manage and assess undergraduate and post graduate courses in related field.
2. Ability to develop course and program materials
3. Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
4. Ability to provide tutorial and academic advice to undergraduate and postgraduate students
5. Ability to develop and maintain a research program and to publish in international journals
6. Ability to demonstrate leadership in outreach activities
7. The candidate should have a strong commitment for teaching excellence and student advising.
8. The candidate must have a strong record of research capabilities supported by an extensive list of publications.
9. Advanced interpersonal verbal and written communications skills.
10. Experience in strategic planning, academic program development.
11. Competence in IT skills