Program Administrator, DiLella Center for Real Estate
216-Dean - Villanova School of Business
The Program Administrator (PA) will support the daily operations or the DiLella Center for Real Estate (Center). The PA will report to the Director of the Center with key responsibilities to include support of internal and external stakeholders such as students, staff, faculty, alumni and employers. Additionally, this role will lend support in achieving the strategic goals of the Center.
The Center was established in 2007 to provide outstanding academic and professional development opportunities to Villanova students in the field of real estate. The Center supports faculty research and teaching and works to connect and mobilize the Villanova real estate community through educational programs, thought leadership initiatives, and networking events with the intent to expand the horizons of a new generation of real estate leaders and to generate vibrant conversations on issues facing the real estate industry.
Key responsibilities of the PA include managing daily operations of the Center, fiscal reporting and event management. The PA will also be responsible for supporting key internal and external stakeholders, critical marketing and communications functions including the Center webpage, managing Center membership (on-boarding, roll-off and directory) and supporting the overall budgeting activities.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Coordination and Development
Supports all Center programming and initiatives and works closely with Center directors to support strategy, program development, and governance matters. PA will coordinate all Center events including, but not limited to the Real Estate Career Conference, case competitions, professional development programs, networking programs, student treks and summer programs in support of the Center strategic goals.
Represent Center at school and university-wide promotional and outreach events (e.g., Orientations, Open Houses, Networking Events, Student Activity Fairs), at professional conferences and with partner universities and program providers. Develop and update communication materials associated with Center initiatives including program websites, marketing materials and internal and external presentations. Execute and participate in promotional activities designed to increase student participation in real estate programs. Contribute content to Center social media sites, newsletters, Annual Review, and other publications.
Tracking and Marketing Career and Internship Opportunities
This individual will be responsible for monitoring HandShake for real estate related positions as well as tracking opportunities sourced elsewhere, marketing all opportunities and tracking applicants and successful candidates for both students and alumni.
Administrative Responsibilities and Student Worker Management
Organization of budget reports, processing requests for payments, etc. Track Center membership, manage renewal process, maintain membership directory and enable member engagement. Hire, train and manage our student worker workforce to support important aspects of our program.
Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as required.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years in a relevant and applicable work environment preferred. Equivalent work experience or years of education will be considered.
- This individual should possess the ability to identify and develop solutions to problems and resolve unexpected issues independently with a high degree of professionalism in support of our stakeholders. In the performance of these duties, this individual directly contributes to the successful execution of strategies in support of the mission of the University, the School of Business and the Center.
- Requirements include strong program and project management skills, the ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks, proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and knowledge of general office equipment.
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships with students and program participants, faculty, University offices, and outside service providers; ability to streamline processes and procedures creating efficient operations; ability to work independently to manage multiple projects and events.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong organizational, problem-solving decision making and interpersonal skills required. The individual selected must communicate professionally and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Real Estate, Marketing, Education, Communication or Business degree preferred from a reputable and accredited institution. Prior experience in real estate preferred.
- Some regional travel is required with this role.
Special Message to Applicants
- Occasional early starts and/or evenings, occasional Saturdays.
Reference letters will be requested for interviewed candidates only.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/14800
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.