COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Title: Associate Professor in Business Administration
Degree Program(s): Business Administration
Department: Business Administration
School: College of Business Administration
Reports to: Department Chair; Business Dean
Full-time faculty members teach courses in the Fall and Spring semesters; Summer semester teaching opportunities might be available. The teaching load may range from 12 credit hours for Full Professors to 18-20 credit hours for Lecturers. Classes may be scheduled during the day and evenings. The position holder is expected to teach a broad range of general and skills-based business administration courses at the undergraduate; male faculty members may also request – or be required to – teach courses at the graduate level. Full-time faculty members are also expected to attend faculty meetings and university events, serve on committees, and engage in academic scholarship and professional development activities.
Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- Earned Ph.D. in Business Administration or Management, or in closely related field from a reputable university. Individuals near the completion of such Ph.D. degree, or with a Master of Business Administration (equivalent) from a reputable institution will be considered as Lecturers.
- 3-5 years of teaching experience and excellence at a reputable university.
- The candidate must provide a procedural Promotion Letter for Associate/Full Professor positions.
- Strong academic research skills as demonstrated through publications in refereed journals, or promise of such as demonstrated through conference publications.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Familiarity with technologically infused academic environment.
- Experience with AACSB accreditation and its standards is an added bonus.
- Industrial experience is an added bonus.
- Previous international experience, particularly in the Middle East in general or in GCC countries in particular, preferred.
- High degrees of cultural sensitivity required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- To work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- To integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- To promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
- To contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching.
- To play a significant role in the design, development, and planning of courses and programs within the subject area as required.
- To play a significant role in the review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- To develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- To provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- To provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
Scholarly and Professional Development and Service
- To maintain an appropriate scholarly or professional development activity and to keep up to date with developments in the field as necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- To participate in the comprehensive advisement of students majoring in the College.
- To contribute to the overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on appropriate committees and groups.
- To effectively contribute to the management and administrative processes and committee structures of the School, faculty, and College, as required.
- To participate in, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work (as either sustained or one-time projects) that facilitate School, faculty, or College performance and accreditation, as required.
- To participate in the recruitment, management, development, and mentoring of colleagues, as required.
- To perform any and all other position-related duties as requested by Chair, Dean, Vice Rector, or Rector.
PMU offers a competitive, tax free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12 month salary, summer vacation, accommodations, annual round trip airfare to home country, medical insurance, assistance with school fees for children and end of contract benefits.
Application must include letter of interest, curriculum vitae and unofficial copies of all university transcripts, statement of teaching interest, as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references.
Please send application materials, via email, clearly stating the position applied for, to:
1. Ms. Shiane Cruz Corpuz
2. Ms. Charisma De-Castro
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.