The University of Sydney Business School
Reference no. 625/0317
- Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking
- Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in teaching and research
- Academic Level C with attractive remuneration and the possibility of a salary supplement
About the opportunity
The Business School is establishing an Engaged Research Platform (ERP). The ERP’s purpose is to increase the impact of the research being undertaken in the Business School. Demonstrating and measuring impact has been an increasing priority for Universities and staff in the ERP will be focused on translating basic research into deliverables that can impact business, government and the community sector. Under the leadership of the ERP Director, the Senior Lecturer (ERP) will be involved in working with colleagues in Disciplines and Research Groups to translate their findings, co-author industry and practitioner publications, establish links with business and other related tasks.
The Senior Lecturer will also have teaching responsibilities in Business School programs which most closely aligns with their particular area of expertise.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- achieved research outcomes and published in high quality international refereed publications
- engaged with stakeholders in business, government and community
- collaborated in a complex, innovative and multi-faceted team
- worked in a complex and challenging environment
- teaching, program and course development experience at tertiary level in a Business School/Faculty.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia’s first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across 9 campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 47,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 24 May, 2017 (Sydney time)