The Department of Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Law, at the University of North Texas College of Business, invites applications for an appointment as Lecturer in Finance starting in fall 2017 and renewable up to three years. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to effective teaching, research and preparing students for success in a multicultural business environment.
Duties will be comprised of a balance of teaching, research and service, including the following:
- teaching finance and finance related courses at the bachelor’s and master’s levels on the Denton campus and off site locations (face-to-face and on line)
- advising students
- participating in departmental, college and university service
- working with industry and assisting students with procuring internships and placement after graduation
Minimum qualifications are
- a doctoral degree in finance or closely related field from an accredited institution, or ABD status in a degree program in finance or closely related field from an accredited institution;
- recent teaching experience in finance at the university level; and
- status as academically qualified, under both SACS and AACSB standards, to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.