A Senior Lecturer is expected to make significant contributions to the teaching effort of the discipline, school, campus, faculty and university. An academic at this level is also expected to play a major role in scholarship, research and/or professional activities.
1. The key result areas of Research, Teaching and Service are the basis for the primary duties and responsibilities of the role. A workload will be agreed annually with the Head of School in the Performance Development Plan process. Other duties may be required from time to time as directed by the Head of School.
2. Conduct independent research and act as principal investigator and project leader.
3. Enhance the University’s international reputation through research publications of appropriate quantity and quality, and contribute to worldwide debates at regional and international conferences.
4. Obtain external research earnings through carefully prepared and successful grant applications as well as identifying potential income-generating programs and collaborative partnerships.
5. Contribute to enhancing the quality and quantity of multiple-disciplinary research at the University in an area related or complementary to existing research priorities.
6. Leading the supervision of research projects, manage dedicated research staff and postgraduate research students.
7. Contribute to maintaining a collegial working atmosphere and stimulating research environment that will attract further research staff and HDR students of the highest quality.
8. Prepare, review and deliver lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or studio sessions and seminars.
9. Contribute in course coordination and developing curriculum, course materials and learning activities for undergraduate and postgraduate course/unit in which the academic teaches.
10. Design and execute formative and summative assessment including marking that is aligned with student learning outcomes.
11. Contribute to the scholarship of learning and teaching (including curriculum and student engagement) within the discipline.
12. Supervise the program of study of honours students and of postgraduate students engaged in course work.
13. Provide feedback to students on their learning through student consultations.
14. Undertake administrative responsibilities primarily connected with units in which the academic teaches including course review, admission and accreditation processes.
15. Share in academic service responsibilities, including contributing to outcomes of the discipline and/or school meetings and/or internal campus committees.
16. Foster strong engagement with the profession, industry, professional bodies and general community.
17. Contribute to the development of collaborative linkages with Malaysian and regional agencies, institutions and industry.
18. Contribute to the overall strategic planning and academic management of the School.
19. Contribute to the development of other academic staff through mentoring, coaching and effective supervision.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
1. PhD or equivalent in the area of Finance or a closely related discipline.
2. An established research agenda and established track record in research publications in the relevant discipline.
3. Evidence of successfully attracting competitive funding for research activities.
4. Demonstrated evidence of a high standard of teaching in the relevant field at tertiary level.
5. Demonstrated experience in supervising HDR students.
6. Demonstrated evidence of engagement and/or collaboration with colleagues in teaching and research.
7. Demonstrated evidence of good oral and written communication skills.
8. Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds.
9. Commitment to the academic discipline and to service to the University, the wider community and the profession.
10. Demonstrated evidence of the use of technology and innovation to enhance teaching and research.
To apply, send your Cover Letter and Resume to recruit@ monash.edu and quote the job number.