Faculty - Tenure Track - Marketing Strategy
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
Utah Valley University's Department of Marketing in the Woodbury School of Business invites applications for a tenure-track position. The successful candidate will conduct assigned undergraduate and graduate courses and seminars. Plans, prepares, and follows an approved course of study with measurable objectives. Serves on college/school or university committees. Engages in scholarly activities (including publishing in quality academic journals), and/or creative endeavors which contribute to the academic mission of the university. Develops curriculum, independent study activities, and off-campus learning such as practicums and internships. Renders service to the community relevant to the appropriate academic specialty. May be required to teach the following courses: Principles of Marketing, Marketing Management, Marketing Strategy, graduate-level marketing strategy, and other marketing courses as assigned. Depending on ability, additional courses might include product management, quantitative marketing courses (e.g., marketing research or marketing analytics), and digital marketing.
Doctorate in Marketing (or related field) from an appropriately accredited university required (AACSB for business or equivalent for other fields). ABD candidates at the time of hire will also be considered, but must have degree in hand at the start of the semester.
Must have research, work experience, or teaching experience in Marketing Management, Marketing Strategy, and Marketing Principles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of subject matter and course content of classes to be taught, instructional strategies and techniques related to Marketing Strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of student management, motivation, and evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge of evaluation of instruction, curriculum development, program development and evaluation.
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate field of study.
- Skills related to Marketing Strategy (with potential graduate course responsibilities).
- Skills in public speaking and report writing.
- Skills in curriculum development and assessment.
- Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific conditions.
- Ability to follow written and oral procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with people.
- Work experience, and exceptional teaching in marketing strategy and related topics
- Teaching experience and work experience in product management, digital marketing, or quantitative marketing.
Talking continuously, sitting and standing regularly. Fine hand manipulation for use in computer systems.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
DOQ - Commensurate with Experience
FAC26118 WSB Marketing Faculty
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Under References Letter please list a minimum of three contacts. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/7790
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.