POSITION Director, Futuristic Studies Research Center
DEPARTMENT Futuristic Research Center
SCHOOL Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University
REPORTS TO Vice Rector for Academic Affairs
The PMU Futuristic Studies Research Center (PFSRC) at the Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University seeks a strategic, creative, collaborative and established leader in research to serve as its director. The director will be responsible for all aspects of research development, infrastructure, internal and external funding, proposal development, contract and grant accounting, research compliance and ethics, and technology transfer resulting in the promotion of research excellence for the center.
PMU’s mission to educate, discover and collaborate drives its expanding impact on the world.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
Successful applicants are expected to develop a strong internally & externally funded, globally recognized research program. They should also possess a passion for and be committed to excellence in both graduate and undergraduate education in a highly interdisciplinary, collaborative, diverse, innovative, and entrepreneurial culture at PMU.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated leadership and organizational abilities in support of Futuristic Research are required. A terminal PhD. degree in strategic risk management/ operational, financial and project-oriented risk management OR Communications Methodologies OR equivalents) is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Advance the research mission of the PFSRC in the University’s Futuristic Research activities. Lead an internationally recognized and funded research program and support in building research programs consistent with the center’s mission.
- Incorporate education into the center’s research mission at graduate, professional and undergraduate levels.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to work in a highly diverse and multicultural environment internally and externally.
- Ability & readiness to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s policies & procedures manual.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate constituencies which could span multiple organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions using good business judgment and innovative and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial, organizational and staff resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to cultivate professional and business partnerships.
- Relevant subject matter expertise.
- Experience managing research projects or research laboratories.
- Experience with financial management and fundraising.
- Experience developing and writing grant application.
- Comfort with supervising others, researcher & staff.
- Enthusiasm, responsibility, and team-building skills.
- Ability to manage both time and budgets effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Application to this position require a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and a portfolio (no more than 20 pages long) that includes representative professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; a narrative of administrative and leadership philosophy including a statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by the search committee
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
For submission of applications, log-on to our career site:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more inquiries about this position, please contact the following: (please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement)
Note: In the event if any error occurred during the online application submission, please forward your application materials to the email IDs below and specify clearly in the email subject line the position applied for and the name of the website.
Ms. Shazia Sammer
Ms. Tedda Jane Castro
Ms. Rania Sinno
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.