The appointee will be expected to teach undergraduate and postgraduate level courses across the accounting curriculum, preferably in two of the following areas of financial accounting, auditing, and public sector accounting or information systems. The appointee will contribute to teaching through the distance education mode at other University Campuses within the Pacific Islands. She/he will also be expected to contribute to the School`s postgraduate programmes, including masters and Ph.D. supervision and participate and contribute to research and publications profile of the School and contribute towards the administrative functions of the School and towards the development of new courses and programmes.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field;
- Extensive teaching experience in the relevant field;
- Significant research and publications record together with a record of successful Masters and Ph.D. thesis supervision;
- Relevant consultancy experience;
- Administrative and research experience;
- A proven record of supervision of research students and academic leadership;
- Excellent English – written and oral communication skills.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Experience in distance education and those with professional qualifications in accounting and those that demonstrate administrative experience. The level of appointment will depend on qualifications and experience.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Professor FJ $129,078 to FJ $139,543 per annum
The University may pay an inducement allowance to secure the services of an exceptionally well-qualified candidate.
In addition, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Gloria Yam, tel.: (679) 32 32517; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 18 February 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.