Please note: this position is based in Saudi Arabia**
The Babson Global Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership (BGCEL) based at the Prince Mohammad Bin Salman College of Business and Entrepreneurship (MBSC) is located in King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC). KAEC is the largest privately funded Economic City in Saudi Arabia located on the pristine beaches of the Red Sea. Its busy sea port and growing industrial valley are home to a community that takes advantage of the quiet working environment only an hour from the bustling city of Jeddah.
The BGCEL is a joint collaboration between Babson Global, Inc., (a wholly owned subsidiary of Babson College, the world's leader in entrepreneurship education for the past two decades), Lockheed Martin, and Emaar, The Economic City. The mission of the Center is to provide students and entrepreneurs with the knowledge and skills necessary to launch and expand business ventures and to invigorate their entrepreneurial spirit with new ideas.
The BGCEL delivers innovative programs and provides experiential learning opportunities to students at MBSC and other educational institutions, as well as to the broader community. BGCEL is the flagship center for entrepreneurial activity in the MENA region, hosting academic conferences and speaker series, delivering entrepreneurship education programs, conducting the Babson Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) study for Saudi Arabia, and supporting MBSC in managing student co-curricular activities that create Entrepreneurs of all Kinds® in Saudi Arabia and neighboring countries.
The BGCEL supports academic institutions, private enterprises, and government agencies in producing entrepreneurial leaders who create sustainable value for their societies in established businesses, other organizations, and new ventures. The Center helps entrepreneurs, new ventures, and family businesses innovate, expand, and improve their management, governance, and operational capabilities through education, research and outreach. In addition, the Center provides a home for students at MBSC, members of the MBSC faculty, and other members of society who are interested in developing an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the Kingdom.
Applications are invited for the position of Program Manager of the Babson Global Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership. Under the supervision of the BGCEL's Director, the Program Manager is responsible for budgeting, operations, and the complete tactical execution and oversight of their assigned co-curricular, research and ecosystem development portfolio activities.
- Supports the creation and execution of a detailed budget for each portfolio activity under his/her responsibility.
- Assumes program fiscal responsibilities including third party vendor contracts and payments.
- Monitors expenses, obtains receipts and manages required documentation on a monthly basis.
- Prepares invoices, including appropriate documentation for travel and venue costs.
- Assists in the collection of revenue as needed.
- Collaborate with the US based Babson Global Inc. Finance Team to ensure all fiscal responsibilities are in accordance with Babson College policies.
- Assumes additional program fiscal responsibilities as required.
- Designs and implements a database that captures all the critical information around the managed portfolio.
- Maintains program databases for assigned programs.
Operations and Program Management:
- Works directly with the BGCEL's Director in executing and operationalizing the portfolio of activities to be run by the Center.
- Assists in BGCEL's strategy implementation.
- Manages one or several "business lines" inside the Co-Curricular or Ecosystem Development activities as assigned by BGCEL's Director.
- Coordinates teams needed to manage entrepreneurship portfolio events development and execute the plan.
- Accountable for assigned BGCEL activities or events, including speaker management, guest solicitation, marketing and promotions, room reservations, catering needs, photography/videotaping, security, etc.
- Communicates with clients and participants about program logistics, assignments and pre-work.
- Documents his/her development efforts around the portfolio product managed, including lecturers profile, best practices, resources, content, and lessons learned to strengthen and diversify BGCEL's portfolio.
- Generates and manages contracts and agreements for speakers.
- Provides speakers with administrative support with travel arrangements (visas, airfare, lodging abroad) and payments/reimbursements.
- Manages program calendar for assigned programs.
- Assist in all of BGCEL´s research initiatives, including the GEM study for Saudi Arabia.
Minimum Level of Education Required: Master's Degree in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Accounting, Finance or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant program management experience
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship and family entrepreneurship programs preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
- Strong operational, project management, and financial/budgeting skills
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Ability to execute in a timely manner
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Team player; self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Presentation and database management skills.
- Comfortable working with a broad range of external stakeholders, including international participants and faculty members.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access/database software, PowerPoint).
- Able to participate in weekly virtual meetings with US based Babson Global Inc. Team.
- Some early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays may be required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until positions are filled. Application materials should include a letter addressing how the candidate's experience matches the position requirements, and curriculum vitae.