The Division of Organizational Leadership and Information Analytics* within the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado at Boulder seeks an instructor or senior instructor (non-tenure track) to teach data management technologies (e.g., SQL) and programming (e.g., Python, R.) and possibly other courses. Instructors typically teach seven courses a year and engage in service activities. Start Date of August 2019. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and based on the University of Colorado pay scale.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in data management (e.g. SQL) and in programming languages (especially Python).
- Teaching ability in the topics mentioned above.
Other Desirable Expertise
- Additional knowledge of business analytics, unstructured data management (e.g. Hadoop and Spark.
- Experience in curriculum and programmatic development.
- Experience teaching at an undergraduate and master’s level.
- Experience advising students.
- Ph.D. degree in information systems, information science, or other related disciplines is preferred.
- Industry and/or government experience is a plus.
- Statistics teaching experience.
The University of Colorado Boulder and the city of Boulder, offer a rich intellectual, cultural, recreational, and family-friendly environment. The Boulder area has been named as one of the top twenty tech cities in the country along with Denver and Colorado Springs. The University of Colorado and the Leeds School of Business are nationally recognized for the excellence of our faculty, programs, and students. Boulder is also recognized as one of the most desirable places to live in the US. By joining the Organizational Leadership and Information Analytics (OLIA) Division at Leeds, you will be part of a collegial and productive group of scholars with the highest standards of research and teaching excellence.
Application materials include a cover letter, resume, teaching statement, and records of teaching performance evaluation.