This position reports to the Dean, College of Business, and under his/her direction is principally responsible for the development and delivery of high quality graduate academic programs within the College of Business including the MBA program and all on-line programming. In addition, s/he serves as a senior advisor on all College of Business programs including developing marketing strategies and promoting partnerships with corporate and government entities to further enhance the academic quality and reputation of the College of Business, and facilitating the development and retention of well-qualified faculty.
1. Provide strategic and managerial oversight and short-term and long-term growth of graduate programs within the College of Business. Work with the Provost, Dean and academic department chairs to facilitate the development of appropriate curricula for graduate programs, along with appropriate staffing of graduate courses.
2. Manage and supervise the launch of new graduate school programs (e.g. MBA degrees with concentration in specific disciplines such as Health Care), and enhance existing programs.
3. Provide direct supervision of the online MBA and future online offerings within the COB graduate programs.
4. Provide oversight and tactical support in the areas of:
a. Graduate level curriculum development and integration, including identification of opportunities to build joint programs with the Executive Development Center and the College of Arts and Sciences
b. Research positioning and support
5. Work with key internal constituencies such as Admissions, University Relations and University Advancement to facilitate the communication of academic quality indicators to external constituencies, particularly and specifically for the graduate school.
1. In conjunction with the Dean and department chairs, effectively support the recruitment, evaluation, development and retention of faculty, ensuring practices are in keeping with the spirit and intent of University policy of diversity and EEO/AA guidelines and are in compliance with the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) between the University and the Faculty Federation. Serve as COB primary resource on matters of contract interpretation, questions, or concerns, ensuring the effective administration of the CBA.
2. Facilitate interaction with various internal support departments, including, but not limited to, Admissions, University Relations, Alumni Relations, Amica Center for Career Education, Undergraduate Advising, and the Registrar’s Office, as well as with various external constituencies such as alumni and industry.
3. Coordinate the development, implementation, and forward evolution of a process for the regular review and evaluation of current programs and curricula, and the identification of opportunities for evolution in programs, program content, design and delivery. Look to identify and administer more integrative programs that will ultimately help to identify the Bryant University College of Business brand.
4. Actively participate and act as a representative of the Dean on assigned committees.
5. Related duties as assigned by the Provost and/or the Dean.
This position expects a highly committed administrator and teacher prepared to implement a "growth agenda" within graduate programs. It requires an individual with a terminal degree in a business discipline from an AACSB accredited institution and successful experience in academic administration. A proven record in academic program development; demonstrated policy and decision-making ability; and proven effectiveness in fiscal management and resource allocation are required. Excellent interpersonal, communication, operational and problem-solving skills, and a record of strong, consistent, and successful collaboration with faculty, administrators, staff and students is imperative. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative and consultative working relationships with all segments of the University community and external stakeholders is very important. An understanding of and experience with AACSB accreditation and the new standards is required.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.