Faculty - Tenure Track - Master of Financial Planning & Analytics
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
The Woodbury School of Business invites applicants for a new tenure track faculty position beginning Fall 2019. The successful candidate will teach a variety of courses focusing on personal financial planning to prepare students to successfully achieve CFP certification upon completion of a degree in Personal Financial Planning. Will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Plans, prepares, and follows approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught. Prepares instructional materials (i.e. course outlines, syllabi, audio/visual materials, exams, etc.). Maintains a student-oriented approach to education. Develops internship opportunities with industry practitioners. Recommends students for advancement and graduation. Actively involved with faculty, department staff, advisers, and others in maintaining effective programs. Serves on committees and attends faculty and other meetings as assigned.
PhD in Personal Financial Planning from an appropriately accredited institution of higher learning required. ABD will be accepted only if degree is in hand by time of hire. Demonstrable evidence of student-oriented approach to education as demonstrated by student and/or faculty evaluations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the CFP certification processes and standards.
- Knowledge of subject matter and ability to effectively teach course content.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement instructional strategies and techniques and current trends in education.
- Knowledge of student management, motivation, and evaluation.
- Knowledge of development and assessment of curriculum.
- Skills in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Skills and record of scholarly work or evidence of potential.
- Skills and record of effective teaching and student learning.
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for teaching at the undergraduate level and scholarship with publications in peer review journals that meet AACSB standards.
- Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific conditions.
- Ability to follow written and verbal procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with people.
Frequent standing, sitting, and walking; continuous ability to see, hear, and speak; able to lift up to 10 pounds; frequent fine hand manipulation as associated with the use of a computer.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
FAC40318 WSB Finance Faculty
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/11290
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.