The Department of Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Law, at the University of North Texas College of Business, invites applications for appointment as a Professor of Finance (tenure track) starting in fall 2019.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to effective teaching, research and preparing students for success in a multicultural business environment.
Duties will be comprised of a balance of teaching, research and service, including the following:
- Teaching finance and finance related courses at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels on the Denton campus and off site locations (face-to-face and online).
- Conducting high quality finance research and publishing in recognized journals.
- Working with finance doctoral students and teaching in the finance doctoral program.
- Working with doctoral, masters and undergraduate students to assist with career goals.
- Participating in departmental, college and university service.
- A doctoral degree in finance or closely related field from an AACSB accredited institution.
- Status as academically qualified, under both SACS and AACSB standards, to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Record of high quality publications in recognized finance journals.
- Teaching experience in finance at the university level.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.