The College of Engineering & Applied Science at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee seeks an Assistant Dean for Finance and Human Resources to provide the primary administrative leadership to the Dean of the College of Engineering & Applied Science (CEAS) at UW-Milwaukee. This position will work amongst a consortium of business representatives on campus to ensure campus compliance and maximize efficiencies in finance and HR business practices.
UWM is a doctoral/research intensive university and Wisconsin’s premier public urban institution, offering a comprehensive, liberal arts, sciences and professional education at the undergraduate and graduate level to nearly 26,000 students. UWM has earned the highest rating for a research institution from the Carnegie Classification of Institution of Higher Education, often referred to as R1 status. UWM is one of only 115 R1 institutions. The College of Engineering & Applied Science consists of seven departments-Biomedical Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. The College has approximately 1,750 undergraduate students and 450 graduate students, both Master’s and Doctoral.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- A demonstrated record of progressive, successful experience in a combination of budgetary oversight, human resource management, and university and/or government business operations.
- A successful record supervising professional staff/direct reports.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master’s degree in business administration or related field
- Working knowledge of information systems for budget and human resources data management
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with a diverse group of professional colleagues
- Evidence that the applicant places a high value on diversity and inclusion within the workplace
- Post award grants management experience, experience at a doctoral institution or experience working with granting agencies
- Knowledge of national trends and best practices in finance and human resources management in higher education
- Evidence of strategic modeling, forecasting and translation of strategic goals into implemented achievements.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
The complete application package must be submitted electronically to http://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/28053
Application materials should include:
- A letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A leadership statement
- A document listing the name, address (including e-mail), and telephone number of three professional references.
This is a continuous recruitment with an initial review of applications to begin on November 30, 2018. Applications received after November 29, 2018 may not receive consideration.
For this position, applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Additionally, applicants must complete all required fields and attach any required documents. The process is complete when the message "Your application has been submitted" is displayed and you receive a confirmation number.