Full-Time Tenure-Track Position in Management
The School of Business at Trinity Western University (TWU) is one of the top ranked business schools in Canada in quality of education and career placement. We offer undergraduate and graduate degrees in business to approximately 700 students. Our undergraduate programs are offered on the main campus in Langley, with a new campus building being occupied by 2020. Our MBA program is offered in Langley and Richmond, in Canada, and Shanghai, Tianjin and Beijing in China. Our undergraduate and graduate programs have a focus on developing future managers, leaders and entrepreneurs in all business disciplines; we are in need of a new tenure-track faculty member to teach several courses that have a management focus.
This tenure-track appointment will commence as soon as possible and is likely to be made at the Assistant Professor level, however, we may place a candidate at a higher rank, if warranted. The ideal candidate will have: an understanding of the global marketplace; industry experience in a management role; taught at a post-secondary institution; and, conducted scholarly research related to Business Strategy and/or Human Resource Management. Faculty candidates who have an earned doctorate degree, or near completion of such, are preferred. A candidate with a master’s degree, a professional HR designation (CPHR, PHR, SHRM, etc.), and 10+ years of management experience will also be considered. All qualified faculty will be expected to teach in both the undergraduate and graduate programs and, while based in Langley, may be required to teach occasionally in our other campuses in Canada and China.
The School will provide you with many opportunities, nationally and internationally, to enhance your knowledge, skills, and integration of your faith as you seek to develop your students as Godly, Christian leaders for the marketplaces of life.
Interested candidates are required to complete the on-line application at https://www.twu.ca/human-resources/join-us. Please provide a curriculum vitae as well as documentation outlining interests, major contributions to teaching, research and practice, as well as verification of your academic degree and professional designations. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please direct any specific queries to Andrea Soberg, Professor, School of Business, firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinity Western University is a liberal arts university and seeks candidates who are committed to and support its evangelical Christian faith, mission, and orientation. More information about Trinity Western’s School of Business and its programs can be found at https://www.twu.ca/academics/business/.
TWU School of Business FACTS
- Largest Christian business school in Canada; we have 15 full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty and many adjunct faculty who are business professionals
- Offer four undergraduate degrees in Business: Bachelor of Business Administration; Bachelor of Arts in Business; Bachelor of Arts in Sport & Leisure Management; Bachelor of Arts in Corporate Communication
- Offer six areas where undergraduate students can specialize: Accounting; Finance; Human Resources; Leadership and Management; Marketing; and, International Business
- Offer three areas where MBA students can specialize: International Business; Not-for-Profit Management; Management of the Growing Enterprise
- The undergraduate and graduate programs are built on 3 areas of strength: globalism; relationships; and, applied practice.
Come join our team and be part of developing the future business leaders of the world.