The School of Business Administration at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Dean of the School of Business Administration to begin teaching in Fall 2019:
The successful candidate will have:
- Ph.D. in Business discipline from a Western accredited institution at the time of appointment
- Excellent understanding of the business field and technological and academic developments
- Strong demonstrated visionary leadership and managerial qualities
- Proven track record (10+ years) and evidence of excellence in university teaching in one or more business disciplines, including significant graduate-level teaching
- Proven track record of scholarly and professional activity
- Proven track record in academic administration
- Strong collaborative skills and demonstrated record of large team management
- Experience in curriculum development
- Experience in university and business school accreditation processes
- Significant international and multicultural exposure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
Additional desired qualifications:
- Experience of significant variety and scope in managing business organizations and/or in business consulting and/or in executive training, or other significant exposure to the "real" business world
- Ability to "network" in the local, regional and international academic, professional and business communities
Candidates must demonstrate significant potential and promise of teaching effectiveness and excellence at the undergraduate and MBA levels, active scholarship, a track record of professional development, student advising abilities, as well as other service to the department, school, and community.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children’s tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to email@example.com.
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
The American University in Dubai
P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, UAE
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.