Search for University Jobs in Business
Professional in Residence - Human Resource Management
Utah Valley University
Professional in Residence - Human Resource Management
: Faculty - Non Tenure Track (FT)
The AACSB-accredited Woodbury School of Business (WSB) at Utah Valley University invites applicants for a Professional in Residence (PIR) teaching-focused position in Human Resource Management (HRM) for Fall of 2022.
The position has a 4/4 teaching load. Courses in the Human Resource Management area include undergraduate courses in Intro to HR, HR Law, Staffing, Performance Management, Total Rewards, International HR, among others in face-to-face, hybrid, or online (synchronous and asynchronous) formats. Candidates must demonstrate an ability and capacity for teaching using engaged learning, experiential learning, and project-based practices. Successful applicants will provide evidence of a student-centered approach to education that engages with the department and the local professional community to provide experiential learning opportunities for students. The holder of this position will play an important role in the planning and management and the HR degrees and certificate programs. This person will provide service, including community outreach and SHRM cooperation to facilitate experiential learning and community engagement consistent with the norms of professional, non-tenure-track faculty. Collegiality and a demonstrated ability to work with others are highly valued.
Teaches undergraduate courses in Human Resource Management, particularly Introduction to Human Resource Management, with the ability to teach other core program courses (e.g. Training and Development, Organizational Development and HRM, HR Strategy, HRIS, Compensation and Benefits, etc.), using experiential education methods. Prepares instructional materials (course outlines, syllabi, exams, etc.) as necessary. Maintains student-centered approach to education. Excellence in teaching and service related to teaching will be expected. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduation from an accredited institution with a master degree in Human Resource management, Business Administration, or a closely related field. Significant HR industry experience.
- Knowledge and skill in current instructional theories, strategies, techniques, experiential learning class projects and engaged learning experiences for students, consistent with a teaching university.
- Knowledge of the principles and methodologies of teaching.
- Skills in maintaining a positive and engaging classroom environment.
- Ability to maintain a friendly, creative, and positive collaboration with other faculty.
- Skills in designing, preparing, and teaching courses using meaningful and engaging methods to achieve course objectives.
- Abilities to teach, manage, and supervise individuals in a classroom and group setting, both in face-to-face and online environments, using demonstrations, discussions, and experiential learning activities.
- Capable of evaluating learning through written and other performance tests.
- Skills in research and other scholarly activities.
- Evidence of well-developed, collegial, and collaborative communication skills and commitment to service.
- Successful candidates should have college teaching experience in Human Resource management content areas or related fields (including organizational behavior, strategy, and general management).
- Preference will be given to applicants with a well-developed background (or strong aspirations to develop a teaching record) in experiential education. Experience in online teaching is beneficial.
- Pragmatic teaching applications and approaches informed and enhanced by significant industry experience.
- An interest in and commitment to interacting effectively with the local business community/
- An interest in and commitment to helping build the HRM program (major/minor) on campus and in the community.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to educational goals of a multicultural population.
Work is normally performed in a typical classroom/office work environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Under "References letter" please list a minimum of three contacts. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process.
Please include recent teaching part-time or full-time evaluations (those passing the initial screening phase may be asked to provide a teaching demonstration video).
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/28603
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |