Assistant Professor of Marketing
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Job no: 510430
Position type: Faculty Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Mktg Entr & Innovation
Applications Open: Oct 14 2021
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Marketing, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation (MEI) Department at the Robert J. Manning School of Business, University of Massachusetts Lowell invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Marketing position, starting Sept 1, 2022. Candidates with research interests in the broad area of marketing strategy from a firm’s perspective will be considered. Within this general theme, candidates with specific research interests in technology innovations/new product development, marketing analytics, B2B marketing and international marketing are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Manning School of Business is growing at a fast pace and is continuously seeking ways to further enhance the faculty’s high level of research productivity. The school is also constantly building and updating instructional programs at all degree levels. Candidates will be expected to develop a strong record of scholarly work and publications in top-tier journals with preferred research expertise in areas mentioned above.
The MEI Department is currently building faculty capacity to deepen its research output and increase program offerings at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The department has two main areas – Marketing and Entrepreneurship – and currently delivers programs in Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. programs in both areas. Faculty and Ph.D. students in the department maintain a high-level research record, with publications in top journals and collaborations across the globe. Our Ph.D. programs in both marketing and entrepreneurship, at the current size of 15 students, offer opportunities for new faculty to supervise and work with Ph.D. students in joint research.
The standard teaching load for research productive faculty is four courses per academic year. While classes taught on-load are primarily on-campus, additional teaching opportunities exist and are strongly encouraged, both online and increasingly abroad. Evidence of grant-related research funding is also a significant plus. Faculty are encouraged to develop productive partnerships with other units of the University, industry and with colleagues from other institutions and countries.
Located 25 miles northwest of Boston, UMass Lowell has over 19,000 students and is one of the largest public universities in New England. The Manning School has over 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students and is accredited by the AACSB-International. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join a developing department and participate actively in advancing research and educational programs.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Doctorate degree in Marketing or related areas from an AACSB-International accredited business school earned by August 31, 2022
- Evidence of (or potential for) ongoing high-quality research and publication in the applicant’s areas of scholarly specialization
- A record of (or potential for) teaching effectiveness at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Demonstrated ability develop and sustain an externally funded research program
- Willingness to supervise and advise doctoral students
- Experience in teaching online or web-enhanced courses
- Industrial, corporate, or new venture experiences
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Initial review of applications will begin on October 15, 2021, and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please contact the University of Massachusetts Lowell Human Resources Department at 978-934-3560 for information regarding benefits and related employment matters or if you have any questions about the position.
Please include the following required documents with your application.
- Current curriculum vitae
- Cover letter detailing research interests and accomplishments; teaching interests, experience, and philosophy; and professional background
- Samples of recent publications (upload publications as one file)
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., student course evaluations, department Chair reviews, teaching awards) with your application (upload multiple pages as one file)
- Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
- Apply at: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/822/lowell/en-us/job/510430/assistant-prof…
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.