The University of Windsor’s Odette School of Business invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the area of Organizational Behaviour/Leadership, in the Management Area, commencing July 1, 2021. This position is subject to final budgetary approval.
Located at one of Canada’s major international intersections, the University of Windsor, considered to be one of Canada’s most personable comprehensive universities, plays a leading role in the future of the region and the Province of Ontario.
The Odette School of Business takes a balanced approach to research and teaching. The School offers varied degrees in undergraduate Business Administration; a full-time MBA; specialized MBA degrees for managers and professionals; an MBA-PAS (Professional Accounting Specialization); an integrated MBA/JD; and a Master of Management. Approximately 1200 full-time, and 400 Master’s-level students study at Odette. The Business School has strong contacts with business and other academic institutions. The School has recently completed an expansion strategy with approximately 65 full-time faculty positions. The school has been AACSB accredited since 2015. For further information about the Odette School of Business visit our website at http://www.uwindsor.ca/business.
The preferred candidate for this appointment in Management will hold a Ph.D. in Organizational Behaviour/Leadership (or ABD and within one year of completion). Candidates must demonstrate the potential to excel in teaching experientially focused courses in Organizational Behaviour/Leadership at the graduate and undergraduate level as well as an ability to inspire and motivate students. The successful candidate will also demonstrate superior research capability and potential. In addition, commitment to working with the Odette team to build a leadership curriculum would be considered an asset.
- a letter of application, including a statement of citizenship/immigration status;
- a detailed and current curriculum vitae;
- two (2) page outline of research interests and accomplishments;
- samples of scholarly writing, including (if applicable) clear indications of your contribution to any jointly authored pieces;
- a teaching dossier or teaching portfolio showing a potential for or evidence of teaching effectiveness and excellence that will include sample course syllabi/outlines, teaching evaluations, and a statement of teaching philosophy and interests (resources and templates for completing a teaching dossier can be found at http://www.uwindsor.ca/ctl/390/teaching-and-learning-resources);
- graduate transcripts; and
- three (3) current letters of reference forwarded directly by the referees to the Dean’s secretary at the email address listed below.
Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted. The short-listed candidates may be invited to provide further information in support of their applications. To ensure full consideration, complete an online application (www.uwindsor.ca/facultypositions) found on the job advertisement, and ensure letters of reference are submitted by the application deadline date of January 31, 2021. Applications may be considered after the deadline date; however, acceptance of late submissions is at the discretion of the appointments committee.
Questions and Reference Letters to be sent to:
Dr. Mitchell W. Fields, Dean, Odette School of Business, Phone: 519-253-3000 Ext. 3091; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org