Business Intelligence Analyst - BI Services
: Staff - Full-Time
Transforms data into insights that can help improve decision making. Supports business process improvement through the development and maintenance of timely and accurate business intelligence solutions. Supports Academic and Student Affairs administration and operations. Position is part of a team of dedicated professionals who value exceptional care, exceptional accountability, and exceptional results.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
35% Extracts, investigates, researches, gathers, analyzes and summarizes data. Develops and maintains business intelligence solutions related to various functions of the institution, including enrollment, space utilization, instruction, expenditures, and other topics. Develops, delivers, and maintains data using institutionally-approved systems and protocols. Documents processes and code with clarity.
35% Develops, validates, and deploys business intelligence assets for administration, staff, and faculty following institutional standards for style and data governance. Collaborates with administration, staff, and faculty to define and develop just-in-time business intelligence that supports decision-making and improves business processes. This includes automated or online reports and visualizations. Uses a variety of data sources, including enterprise databases. Creates strategies, planning tools, and analyses that assist the Academic Affairs division in managing resource allocation and new program development forshort-term, long-term, and ad hoc initiatives. Develops business intelligence to monitor operations that impact fiscal outcomes for academic projects, plans and initiatives.
30% Provides training and support to end users on institutional business intelligence resources, including subject matter expertise related to data and business definitions. Provides project management for operational business intelligence development. Completes special projects as assigned. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree and at least one year of experience in business intelligence or analysis; or a combination of education and experience to equal five years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of data sources and types.
- Demonstrated knowledge in running queries and providing reports using a variety of tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical and research methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL and data mining techniques.
- Knowledge of confidentiality requirements including FERPA and GRAMA regulations.
- Knowledge of accounting, auditing, and budget preparation in a non-profit environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other applications including database and project management.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including telling visual stories.
- Experience and skill using SQL within an Oracle or SQL Server environment.
- Proficiency with statistical software.
- Proficiency in using PowerBI, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools.
- Demonstrated skill in preparing and presenting information for senior executives and constituencies.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated skill in project management.
- Demonstrated ability to support and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to create and strengthen positive relationships with people who have diverse roles and personalities.
- Demonstrated analytic capability; ability to provide accurate information and sound analyses.
- Ability to exercise interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills and to effectively apply general principles to specific conditions.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of tasks and projects; must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree in business intelligence, information systems management, statistics or a related field, with at least one year of experience in business intelligence or analysis including successful project management and report development experience. Familiarity with higher education, including enterprise student information systems. Experience using Microsoft business intelligence tools, specifically PowerBI and SQL Server Reporting Services.
Typical office position. Sitting; particularly for extended periods of time.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$49,955 - $62,443
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Reference may be requested at any time during the search.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/23790
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.