RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. We’re global in footprint and even more importantly, we’re global in mindset. We’re committed to making a positive impact wherever we go. The wider our reach, the deeper our connections, the greater our impact.
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University with 700 staff and 7,000 students, in three locations, and recently awarded one of the Best Companies to work for in Asia 2020. From a media perspective RMIT Vietnam enjoys a 40% share of voice in the sector. It brings a world-class education and globalised study environment to the heart of Asia, offering programs in business, technology, communication, design, fashion and English language. It boasts an impressive range of extra-curricular activities that encourage students to innovate and network globally.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
Over the last twenty years, RMIT Vietnam’s School of Business and Management has established a reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace. Our business programs offer fresh perspectives on business problems and we inspire our students to challenge, create, and think outside the box.
Department of Management (Management, Human Resources Management & Entrepreneurship, International Business, Tourism & Hospitality Management, Business Administration)
Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality Management
As a Lecturer you will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the school, in disciplines related to your field of expertise. Specifically, you will be responsible for carrying out teaching activities across undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs and maintain and advance scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. You will be expected to actively promote the programs by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below.
JD – Senior Lecturer, Human Resources Management
- PhD in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of your related subject areas.
- Industry experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery and, the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Industry experience is desirable.
- Highly rated performance relating to student outcomes, student experience and feedback
- Excellent team player
- Culturally adept and agile.
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance and flights for dependents. School tuition support of up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private health insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check-up; Work Permit for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching across relevant subjects in a tertiary education environment.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 (or equivalent)
Information pack for foreign candidates
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button. With your application please include:
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Cover letter