Wellington, New Zealand
- Inaugural ANZSOG Chair in New Zealand’s only School of Government
- Highly accredited Business School located in capital city
- New Zealand’s first ranked university for research quality (PBRF 2012)
The Australia and New Zealand School of Government (ANZSOG) is recognised globally as a leading provider of executive-level education and high quality research for and about the public sector. ANZSOG was created by government for government, with the active collaboration of its member universities.
ANZSOG delivers the following:
- Postgraduate education incorporating the core disciplines that inform effective public administration
- Executive education led by academics from the world’s leading education providers and senior officials from among ANZSOG’s ten member governments and other jurisdictions
- International programs and exchanges for senior public servants in the Indo-Pacific region
- Safe places for senior practitioners to discuss and draw practical learnings from theory, research and case studies, to inform policy debates and service delivery reform
- Supportive environments for senior practitioners across Australia and New Zealand to learn from one another and build lasting professional networks, benefiting governments, communities and citizens
- Research that addresses key contemporary issues in public administration, policy development and management
- Capability building for not-for-profit organisations, which deliver services with and on behalf of government
At the core of our ethos is a deep and genuine care for good public administration, reflecting the aspirations of and our close relationship to our government owners. For further information: https://www.anzsog.edu.au/
About Victoria University of Wellington
Victoria University of Wellington (VUW) is New Zealand’s globally ranked capital city university, located in the vibrant cultural centre of the country. The University draws on the distinctive nature of Wellington as the seat of government, and the financial centre of New Zealand. VUW has a proud tradition of fostering international links in teaching and research, delivering a student experience second to none and offering programmes of national and international significance. Thinking about a future in a culture where innovation and diversity are highly valued? Think Victoria.
Situated directly opposite the Parliament of New Zealand, the Victoria Business School holds the ‘triple crown’ (AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA) of international accreditations and is seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate to the newly established New Zealand Prime Minister’s ANZSOG Chair in Public Service Ethics and Integrity.
The Chair will give priority to improving New Zealand’s public sector leadership, and its impact on economic and social performance, particularly in the areas of integrity and ethical conduct.
The Chair’s activities will cover teaching, executive education, research, outreach and stakeholder engagement.
The Chair will:
- consult with government stakeholders, particularly in New Zealand, and establish new executive education courses for public officials (and public-purpose and private sector participants where appropriate) for delivery in New Zealand, and as required in Australia and the Asia Pacific region
- conduct research in own field/s, with emphasis on topics relevant to ANZSOG’s mission, including public administration, strategic public management and public policy
- assist the Dean and Deputy Deans of ANZSOG, and The Dean of Victoria Business School at Victoria, in dealings with government and stakeholder organisations to promote ANZSOG’s and Victoria’s reputation and deliverables
- contribute significantly to academic service, engagement, management and collegiality within Victoria and ANZSOG.
For more information about the Chair, please see attached Position Description or contact Girol Karacaoglu at Girol.Karacaoglu@vuw.ac.nz or 04 463 6850.
For more information about the University, please visit www.victoria.ac.nz
Applications close Tuesday, 30 October 2018.
For more information and to apply online visit http://www.victoria.ac.nz/about/careers/current-vacancies