Assistant Professor in Entrepreneurship
Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship
The Bill Munday School of Business
St. Edward's University Austin, TX
St. Edward's University
St. Edward's University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track assistant professor of Entrepreneurship position in the Department of Management, to begin in August 2022. Candidates should have the interest and ability or potential to teach a range of undergraduate courses and support a diverse student body at a Hispanic-serving Institution. St. Edward's University embraces excellence through diversity and especially encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented racial, ethnic, sexual, and gender minority groups.
St. Edward's University is a teaching institution and regards teaching as central to the mission. In addition to being outstanding teachers, successful candidates will contribute to the scholarly activities at St. Edward's through research and community engagement.
- Fulfill teaching requirements: 4/3 teaching load-total of 7 classes per academic year.
- Teach a variety of courses in entrepreneurship and contribute to the entrepreneurship program.
- Maintain an active, high-quality research agenda leading to refereed publications in the discipline.
- Interact with local, regional, national, and international business, nonprofit, government, and community representatives to develop experiential learning opportunities for students.
- Provide academic advising and mentoring for undergraduate students.
- Develop new courses and curriculum as needed.
- Participate in assessment of student performance in the discipline.
- Maintain commitment to social responsibility in the classroom, in line with the University's mission.
- Meet School and University service requirements through participation in committees and campus initiatives.
- Fulfill other required faculty responsibilities as outlined in the St. Edward's University Faculty Manual.
As the school pursues AACSB accreditation, applicants must have the following credentials
About The Bill Munday School of Business
- Earned doctorate in Entrepreneurship, Strategic Management, or related Management discipline from an AACSB-accredited business program.
- Prior teaching experience and scholarly research in entrepreneurship, new ventures, SME, family business, or social entrepreneurship.
- Strong record (or promise) of publications in peer-reviewed journals and a strong research program.
- Secondary teaching interests in management areas such as strategy, leadership, social enterprise/innovation, or corporate social responsibility are a plus.
- Experience working in entrepreneurial enterprises, either as business owner or part of a startup team, is preferred.
- Evidence of engagement with the business community in the area of entrepreneurship and new venture management.
- Strong evidence of ability to develop programs and courses and innovate across curricula.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with and commitment to working with a diverse population.
- Documented proof of identity, employment eligibility, and completion of a successful criminal background check.
The Bill Munday School of Business delivers an experiential, values-based education anchored in the liberal arts and the Holy Cross traditions of learning and service. The Bill Munday School of Business offers several undergraduate and graduate degrees including Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Accounting Analytics, Master of Science in Business Analytics, and Master of Science in Digital Marketing and Analytics. Approximately 1,000 students are enrolled in the undergraduate and graduate business programs offered by The Bill Munday School of Business. The school educates students to excel professionally in the dynamic 21st century business environment by emphasizing creative thinking, critical analysis, global collaboration, lifelong learning, adaptation to change, and ethical behavior. The school promotes relationships on our campus with our global partners and across the rich business ecosystem of Austin, focusing on technology, creativity, social enterprise, and emerging trends.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of the Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a dynamic Catholic, liberal arts university where teaching, learning, leadership and service come together to contribute to a better world. Recognized as one of the best small, liberal arts universities in the country, St. Edward's is consistently ranked in the top tier of "America's Best Colleges" by U.S. News & World Report. With 21 international campus partners in 16 countries across the globe, St. Edward's provides students with opportunities to learn business from a global perspective. Employees of St. Edward's enjoy a full array of benefits including medical and retirement plans, fitness facilities, and tuition remission.
About Austin, Texas
St. Edward's is in the heart of the thriving, entrepreneurial, culturally diverse, and cosmopolitan city of Austin, Texas. St. Edward's faculty and students live, learn and grow in a city that provides a wealth of resources and opportunities. The city's diverse population enriches its quality of life.
The 2020 census highlights both significant growth and increasing diversity in Austin's population resulting in growth in the number of Hispanic/Latino and Asian owned businesses. One of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs. Google, Apple, Facebook, Samsung, IBM, Oracle, NXP, Advanced Micro Devices, Cisco, Cirrus Logic, 3M, and Tesla are among the many other technology companies with significant operations in Austin. Austin is home to 107 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. In addition, Austin has consistently ranked in the top 3 on the Forbes list of Best U.S. Cities for Future Job Growth. Last year (2020) the tech industry in Austin created a record number of jobs, and the Central Texas metropolitan area ranked 1st in one year job growth in 2021 in a Milliken Institute report on Best Performing Cities. The city also hosts the annual SXSW Interactive festival and is an entertainment mecca. With more than 200 live music venues the city is "the live music capital of the world" and hosts the popular Austin City Limits live music program and the SXSW Music and Film festivals. The city regularly appears in lists of America's smartest, coolest, greenest and most livable cities. Forbes recently identified Austin as the U.S. city most likely to grow and prosper during the next decade. Known for its welcoming, tolerant and casual atmosphere, Austin has been recognized by parents and colleges as the country's top college town.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please attach a resume and cover letter to the application. In your cover letter, please discuss how your record of teaching, service and research demonstrates your commitment to diversity and inclusion as emphasized in the mission of St. Edward's University. Applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should note how their work will further the mission of St. Edward's University and our commitment to diversity and global initiatives. In addition, all applications must include a diversity, equity, and inclusion statement that details the candidate's (1) knowledge (2) track record, and (3) plans for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion as a professional at St. Edward's University (2 page maximum). Your DEI statement should be included as a separate document and should not contain your name or any other personally identifiable information. The review of applications will begin on November 15, 2021, and will continue until the position is
St. Edward's University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and hires only U.S. citizens and documented workers.
Reference #: J2020162
Availability: Fall 2022
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.