The Department of Economics in the Strome College of Business at Old Dominion University (ODU) invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Economics. The successful candidate will be expected to pursue high-quality scholarship and teach courses in public economics and urban economics for undergraduate and graduate classes with a focus on data analytics using R. This is a 10-month appointment beginning July 25, 2024. The position includes two years of summer support for well-qualified candidates.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrably strong background in affirming diversity and inclusion as evidenced by professional affiliations, accomplishments, publications, and/or by documented experience working with diverse populations. Candidates from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Old Dominion University is a minority-serving institution, and the ODU student body and surrounding community is highly diverse in terms of age, gender identity, culture, race, ethnicity/nationality, ability status, religion, personal beliefs, military-affiliation, sexual-affective identity, and socioeconomic background.
Minimum Qualifications - knowledge, skills, and abilities
Minimum Qualifications - Education or training
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate level
- Demonstrable evidence of research quality and productivity
- Demonstrably strong background in affirming diversity and inclusion as evidenced by professional affiliations, accomplishments, publications, and/or by documented experience working with diverse populations
Candidates must possess a Ph.D. in Economics or substantial evidence that the individual will defend their dissertation by August 10, 2024.
The ideal candidate has
- a current rank level of Senior Assistant Professor or higher at an accredited university.
- experience teaching at the undergraduate level both in-person and online.
- experience with undergraduate advising.