1. Master’s (or higher) degree in Engineering Technology or closely related applied engineering field, with at least 18 hours of graduate level course work from an ACBSP, AACSB, ATMAE, ABET, and/or regionally accredited institution.
2. A minimum of 18 hours of graduate course work in Engineering Technology, Industrial Maintenance, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Industrial Technology, or related field.
3. Evidence of successful college teaching experience.
4. Evidence of successful research or scholarly activity.
5. Ability to work effectively with administration, faculty, staff, and students from varied socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Ph.D. in Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Technology, or closely related field from an ACBSP, AACSB, ATMAE, and/or ABET accredited institution. ABD’s will be considered.
2. Minimum three years of applied experience
3. Administrative experience as Department Chair or equivalent leadership role.
4. Practical knowledge of Blackboard learning systems.
5. Experience in regional higher education environment.
6. Experience with course and curriculum development.
7. Evidence of active participation in professional organizations, public service, and research.
1. Teach four courses in discipline per term unless release time is authorized. Teach courses in areas of Electrical, Mechanical, and Safety. Courses may include Industrial Mechanics, Fluid Power, Applied Statics, Production Planning and Control, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Applied Strength of Material, AC/DC, Electro Mechanical Controls, Programmable Logic Controls (PLC’s), Computer-Aid Drafting, Occupational Safety and Health, and other Applied Engineering Technical courses as required.
2. Teach other courses for which qualified when assigned, on-campus or online.
3. Student advising, committee assignments, appropriate public service, research, professional development, and other tasks as assigned
4. Perform other duties as assigned by The Department Chairperson and/or Dean.