Search for University Jobs in Business
Learning and Organizational Effectiveness Partner
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Learning and Organizational Effectiveness Partner
Learning & Development
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Learning and Organizational Effectiveness Partner is responsible for partnering with internal stakeholders to execute learning and development programs to support individual contributors, leadership, and employee engagement. The role supports the implementation of current and long-term development solutions to improve employee learning, engagement, retention, and sense of belonging. This individual will also ensure the most effective utilization of Workday HCM and other talent related systems to consistently assess, measure and forecast the desired capability, performance, organizational outcomes and engagement for the division.
The position is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of all learning initiatives sponsored by the Division and supporting performance consulting in conjunction with Talent and Inclusion Partners, and teams through goal development, needs assessment and diagnosis, role and responsibility clarification and implementation of process and performance interventions. The Learning and Organizational Effectiveness Partner will also manage projects that support overall divisional and strategy, goals, and outcomes.
The Learning and Organizational Effectiveness Partner is expected to help evaluate the current divisional operations and identify and propose changes in processes that streamline work and increase efficiencies and to collaborate with functional leads to implement such changes.
This individual must possess and demonstrate the ability to navigate and influence across complex working relationships, establish themselves as a trusted advisor, and balance innovative approaches with practical and viable deliverables. Initiative, critical thinking skills, respect for others, consultative style, and polished execution will position this professional as a valued and integral team player in transforming the organization. Learning and Organizational Effectiveness Partner will promote a culture of openness and inclusive participation of all constituents by working collaboratively with academic leadership, administrators, and other relevant committees at WPI to further the institution's efforts related to talent and engagement.
Specific Areas of Responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support a High Performance Learning Culture - Support an agile learning culture for WPI's workforce where knowledge is shared through relevant, best-in-class approaches and offerings that strengthen individual and organizational capabilities and competencies.
- Increase Organizational Learning and Development - Consult with managers on the design, implementation and facilitation of organizational, professional and team development programs to enhance employee effectiveness and retention. Develop procedures, guidelines, and resources in support of workplace initiatives. Administer training and performance improvement programs, train trainers or deliver training as appropriate; manage LMS administration of all organizational learning experiences.
- Workday Subject Matter Expert - The Learning and Organizational Effectiveness Partner is responsible for ensuring the ongoing development and support of Workday HCM, Payroll, Talent, Compensation, Benefits, Absence, Time, Tracking, and Recruiting system, including business process analysis, functional design, testing, training, communication, documentation, implementation, and support.
- Drive Divisional Effectiveness - Champion and support divisional initiatives including all aspects of program/project management, communications, implementation, tracking, and reporting. Create and implement assessments, metrics and other measures to identify needs, ensure quality outcomes, and assess overall effectiveness of the division.
- Divisional Reporting - In collaboration with the division Vice President, creates the annual Human Capital report. Develop and present both routine and ad-hoc dashboards and reports for various audiences. Partners with the Office of Institutional Research to manage divisions' participation in national surveys, internal assessments, and evaluation surveys.
- Foster Engagement and Inclusion - Working with the Director, design distinctive employee experiences that strengthen engagement and build an inclusive culture through learning strategies that align with WPI's strategic objectives. These objects include engagement surveys, data analysis, and program quality. Develop and oversee a comprehensive learning portfolio which includes education via a broad range of instructional methods including instructor-led or webinar, web-based/online learning, blended learning, video-based learning and curriculum packaging.
- Strengthen Performance Management - Support and assist Talent and Inclusion Partners with programs and tools to support staff, supervisors and department chairs related to the performance evaluation process Lead efforts to develop and implement a culture of performance effectiveness and strategies to enhance employee performance and job satisfaction.
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The Learning and Organizational Effectiveness Partner may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The desired candidate is flexible and adaptable, highly knowledgeable of adult learning styles, and has a successful track record of working to build programs within a complex and rapidly changing organization.
- General understanding of organizational learning, management and leadership development.
- Experience with learning program design, development, and delivery.
- Proficiency with leveraging operational applications i.e., HCM Systems (Workday preferred), LMS Systems (Skillsoft preferred), CMS (Dovetail preferred), and MS Office to support operational objectives. Technical aptitude, experience with metrics, data analytics, and data interpretation strongly desired.
- Work with Division of Talent and Inclusion leaders to assess, diagnose, plan and implement strategic talent and organization solutions to support business strategy.
- Determine how talent and organization solutions are used to achieve long-term business success and add value to meet organizational needs.
- Ability to think and plan strategically while successfully executing tactical requirements to ensure successful outcomes.
- Proficiency with design of business processes for technology platforms and talent management systems to support strategic learning and development initiatives.
- Excellent conceptual, creative and collaborative skills with the ability to engage leaders, direct reports, and colleagues across the institution.
- Highly developed organizational, problem-solving and time management skills to effectively handle and prioritize multiple tasks while staying abreast of key initiatives, projects or best practice approaches.
- 5-7 years of experience in a variety of Human Resource operational functions, progressive growth from individual contributor to management roles and responsibilities involving goal setting and performance management.
- 5-7 years of experience in project management, data analytics, and reporting.
- A bachelor's degree is required; a master's degree or relevant professional certification is preferred.
- Progressive knowledge and experience in both creating and leading talent development and strategic learning initiatives and programs.
- Solid understanding and experience utilizing Human Capital Management (Workday preferred) and Learning Management Systems (Skillsoft preferred).
- General knowledge of multiple approaches and leading-edge technologies related to change, performance, talent management and leadership development initiatives.
- Expertise in designing and delivering targeted coaching and training programs for all levels of the organization with specific success in managerial development, succession and workforce planning.
- Demonstrated experience as an ambassador of change in a complex and results-driven organization; ability to be influential, innovative, nimble, proactive and collaborative.
- 5 + years' experience leading strategic initiatives and programs. Experience in working with diverse constituents.
- Must possess a record of personal and professional integrity; understanding of change management; strong communication skills and a commitment to cultural diversity.
- Work as a positive change agent within the constraints of WPI's unique university culture.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff, and external community.
- This individual must have the ability to work closely with students, faculty, staff and administrators as well as possess excellent organizational skills, strong analytical abilities, a high energy level, discretion and maturity.
A Pre-employment criminal records check is required
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Learning-and-Organizational-Effectiveness-Partner_R0000847-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |