Job Description Summary
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in information analysis that focus on software applications for business including spreadsheets, database management programs, and operating systems. The courses are offered in both face-to-face and distance delivery modes. Responsibilities will include planning and delivering instruction, assessing student learning, preparing students to pass industry certification exams, staying current with Microsoft Excel certifications, and holding regular office hours to meet with students. In addition, the candidate will work collaboratively with IT personnel regarding computer lab maintenance, software installation, and software updates related to student industry credentialing. Lecturer (non-tenure track, nine-month contract) at a salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Minimum one-year contract, renewable yearly.
Required Qualifications (at time of employment):
· Master’s degree in business/marketing education or a related field
· Expert and Associate Microsoft Office Specialist Certification in Excel 2019/365
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Evidence of proficiency teaching technology in both face-to-face and distance delivery modes
· Experience preparing students to pass industry credentialing exams.
· Experience assisting students with technology issues on Windows and iOS operating systems.
· Experience administering Certiport Exams.
· Experience teaching with a Learning Management System.
· Experience using Zoom.
· Experience teaching ESL students
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must apply for the position electronically through http://aufacultypositions.peopleadmin.com
. Please attach letter of application, vita/resume, undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and names and contact information for three references. The candidate selected for this position must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment. Complete applications received by November 15, 2023 will receive full consideration of the search committee. The search committee may continue to review compete applications received after November 15th until the positions are filled. For additional inquiries, please contact the search committee chair, Dr. Leane Skinner (firstname.lastname@example.org)