Faculty- Tenure Track - Accounting
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
The Department of Accounting in the Woodbury School of Business has a tenure-track opening beginning August 2020. All areas of accounting will be considered. Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the Department of Accounting as assigned using effective pedagogies. Instruction may include in-class, online, and hybrid methods of delivery. Maintain an active research and scholarship agenda with a demonstrable impact in accounting, research, practice, and/or pedagogy. Willingly accept assignment and serve on department, school, and university committees. Support the department's goals and work collaboratively with colleagues in the department, school, and university. The successful candidate may be required to teach courses in accounting and/or business law. Please contact Dr. Kevin Smith, Chair of the Department of Accounting, at KSmith@uvu.edu
for more information. Opportunities for summer teaching and/or research may be available.
The Department of Accounting is within the Woodbury School of Business, which is accredited by AACSB. Our department graduates approximately 150 students with bachelor's degrees and 40 students with Master of Accountancy degrees annually.
Utah Valley University (UVU) is a comprehensive institution with over 38,000 students. The university offers a wide range of baccalaureate degrees and some master's degrees. The campus is located in Orem, Utah at the foot of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, about 45 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City and the Salt Lake International Airport. Professional sports teams include the Utah Jazz basketball team and the Real Salt Lake soccer team. Utah is widely known for its national parks, world-class snow skiing, and abundant outdoor activities.
Graduation from an accredited institution with terminal, earned degree appropriate to discipline.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of current accounting practices and procedures. Currency may be demonstrated through recent formal education, professional certification, appropriate level of recent professional practice, continuing professional education, and verification of successful teaching.
- Must have excellent teaching skills which include instructing students effectively, grading students fairly based on their demonstrated competence and maintaining order in the classroom.
- Must be able to develop courses in the area of their expertise and assist in program development.
- Abilities in effective oral and written communication, class management at the college level, teaching using traditional, in-class methods, teaching online, and use of current teaching techniques.
- Ability to perform all the normal functions of teaching in a current college environment.
- Ability to teach courses online and to use online teaching materials and teaching aids is necessary.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Ph.D. in accounting/taxation from an AACSB accredited institution is preferred. ABDs nearing completion of their degree may be considered. Evidence of research potential is required of all applicants. Teaching experience and professional certification(s) appropriate to the candidates areas of teaching and research are preferred.
Physical requirements consistent with a classroom and office setting.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Under Reference Letter please list a minimum of three contacts. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process.
Also, please submit recent teaching evaluations with evidence of excellence in teaching as Other Documents 1, 2 or 3.
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/15400
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.