Adjunct Professor - California School of Management & Leadership
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The California School of Management and Leadership (CSML) has a long history of more than 35 years with an alumni base spread globally. Graduates from our programs are employed in diverse industries, disciplines and positions in several types of organizations in more than 50 countries around the world. CSML is known for multicultural and multinational education to a student population with diverse backgrounds. Stalwarts such as Dr. Igor Ansoff and Dr. Efraim Turban laid the conceptual foundation of the school's academic mission in preparing tomorrow's global leaders. CSML concentrates on professional practice, applied theory and contemporary techniques. Our goal is to educate individuals who will go out into the world to accomplish great things in the communities around the world they serve.
The Management School is in growth mode and plans to continue to grow the ground programs, expand in the online modality, as well as expand geographically to Alliant's other California campuses. The programs have a strong global dimension with many of the professors and students having a global background coming from different countries and having worked abroad. This multiculturalism is thoroughly integrated into the classes at CSML. Students benefit from having an accomplished cohort- many who are working professionals or international students and/or former US military. This experience creates a network that enhances the student learning environments in their programs and in co-curricular activities. Many of our doctoral students publish either by writing books or conference papers or journal articles, which further enhances their professional stature.
The school offers programs at the Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral levels. The current program portfolio includes
As of August 23, 2021, our immediate needs for Adjunct professors are in the following programs/courses:
Los Angeles Campus - Hospitality Management - MBA Program
- DBA and PhD in Leadership Studies,
- MBA with Hospitality Management concentration,
- MS in Data Analytics,
- MS in Healthcare Analytics and
- MS in Information Systems and Technology at the Masters level, and
- Bachelors in Business Administration, in Hospitality Management and in Information Systems and Technology.
San Diego Campus - MBA Program
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Professional Practice
- Organizational Behavior and Global Leadership
- Strategic Management
- Sales Management for Hospitality
- Financial and Accounting Management
- Entrepreneurship in Hospitality
- Capstone: Management in a New Age
- Technology for Managerial Decision Making
- Trends in Hospitality
- Statistical Analysis and Modeling for Business
- Operations Management and Logistics
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
- Financial and Accounting Management (for Hospitality Management cohort)
- Entrepreneurship in Hospitality (for Hospitality Management cohort)
- Technology for Managerial Decision Making (for Hospitality Management cohort)
You can learn more about CSML by visiting the Alliant web site at https://www.alliant.edu/business
. If you are interested in joining our team of experts or have other questions about our program, please contact us at email@example.com
CSML continually seeks subject matter experts to join our cadre of adjunct faculty. The following are the duties, responsibilities, skills and qualifications that Alliant requires from applicants for an Adjunct professor position:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitating Classroom and Distance/Distributed Learning
- Course and syllabus preparation
- Class curriculum coordination and planning
- Assessment and evaluation of learners
- Mentoring and advising of students
- Holding office hours and meeting with students
- Research/scholarship mentoring and supervision, particularly of MA theses, PsyD projects, and PhD, EdD, DBA dissertations
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
- The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and concise terms
- The ability to be flexible with workflow to meet the needs of the department and students and to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines
- The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide candidates toward task completion.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with students and Alliant employees, as well as the Registrar's Office and various academic departments.
- Culturally competent and ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse people.
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal interactions, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Collaboration and partnering with other university stakeholders to support candidate success.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Education: Master's, Doctoral or other terminal degree from an accredited college or university, depending upon the needs of the course being taught.
- Experience: Appropriate experience in the areas(s) of specialization and expertise.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: As required by program.
Background Check Requirements:
- Applicants are only hired through our Adjunct hiring partner, ProfHire at https://www.profhire.com/login/signup.
- Applicants must visit the ProfHire site, and take the few steps to create a ProfHire profile and place to select a specific course or job (you can also enter "Alliant" in this section for future consideration)
- All individuals interested in being considered for an Adjunct position, now or in the future, must submit the following items:
- Transcript (of your highest degree obtained), and
- Three (3) professional references
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants
. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Alliant International University, Inc.
United States of America
To apply, visit https://jobsearch.createyourowncareer.com/Alliant/job/San-Diego-Adjunct-Professor-California-School-of-Management-&-Leadership-CA-92131/707143701/