The PhD program in Business Administration and Management at Bocconi University is seeking applicants with exceptional academic credentials and the drive to excel at scholarly research.
Our PhD is a 4-year full-time program that offers training in a variety of disciplines related to management studies and emphasizes the skills necessary to integrate different approaches and develop coherent and cutting-edge research. We provide a collaborative, supportive and intellectually stimulating research environment for discovery and dissemination of scientific knowledge applicable to the business community. Students will develop the theoretical and methodological skills required to participate and publish at the highest standards of the international scientific community.
Our PhD program includes two curricula, Management and Marketing (students select one curriculum when they apply). The curriculum in Management has four main tracks: Accounting, Organization, Strategy, Technology and Innovation Management. Our first-year students acquire a broad set of theoretical and methodological skills relevant to various fields in management studies through a series of common compulsory courses, and attend four courses in their curriculum. In the second year, our students mainly choose a series of field and elective courses, and begin developing their own research. The third and fourth years are entirely dedicated to research and dissertation development.
Faculty members are leading scholars in their fields. They contribute to the international debate by publishing in and serving the editorial boards of research journals, such as: Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Organization Science, Management Science, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Consumer Research, Marketing Science, Review of Accounting Studies, Accounting Organizations and Society, European Accounting Review, and many others. Visiting professors from top international schools complement our permanent Faculty.
Former students have placed very well on the international job market; recent academic placements include: Wharton, Stockholm School of Economics, Tsinghua University, Northeastern University, Tilburg, Emlyon, Georgia State University, LMU Munich, UC Dublin, Rotterdam School of Management, HEC Paris, Imperial College, Carlos III, Catolica Lisbon, Skema, Australian School of Business and ETH Zurich, and Leeds University, among others.
Applications can be submitted by Italian and non-Italian citizens who:
- have completed or are completing their graduate studies and
- have at least a "proven" B2 (CEFR) level of competence in English
The PhD School offers a maximum of 10 places with a fellowship for the PhD in Business Administration and Management. Tuition fees for students without a fellowship amount to euros 10,000 for each year.
For more detailed information, please see the full official call published on the website www.unibocconi.eu/admissionphd
For more detailed information about our program, please visit the website:
To apply for our PhD program, only our online application procedure may be used.
Applications are due by 15 January 2019.
The assessment of the applicant is based on:
1. Personal curriculum: full CV
2. Academic records: transcript of exams and certification of undergraduate and graduate degrees awarded and final grade (if any); if the graduate program has not been completed, an enrollment document with the full study plan, the exams taken and the grades achieved
3. International Graduate Admission Tests scores: the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
4. Statement of purpose: short description (max 1200 words) of your motivation for enrollment in a Bocconi PhD program, your research interests and professional goals
5. Reference letters: up to two reference letters uploaded by referees appointed in the online application procedure
6. Other relevant documents (maximum five): e.g. publications, other programs attended, etc.
A minimum of 60 total points out of 100 is required to be eligible for admission to the program.
Please consult our website for complete details of our application procedure
For more information about the program, please feel free to contact our Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org