Assistant Director, Berkeley Evening & Weekend MBA Program (4574U), Haas School of Business - 27463 - 1072
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 20, 2019
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all.
Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
Provide general Academic Advising for EWMBA students, including:
- Assistance to students on academic and degree progress.
- Assist students with operational and scheduling issues.
- Provide information to students and faculty regarding campus policies and procedures on student conduct.
- Contact/resource for students on operations, billing, registration, program requirements, and other requests for information.
- Manage academic progress for all EWMBA students including GPA and final degree audits.
- Advise EWMBA students on cross-over offerings in other Haas programs (namely FT, EMBA, MFE).
- Assists the Director of Student Experience with the planning and execution of EWMBA's various student experience events including student capstone events (WE Launch, WE Innovate, and WE Lead), other student experience events, and Graduation.
- Event assistance includes planning and executing contracts with outside vendors, detailed catering planning, reserving appropriate facilities, logistics with faculty and GSIs.
- Event assistance for staff offsites and events.
Responsible for key Academic Operations within the EWMBA Program, including:
- Course material: responsible for working with faculty in facilitating their bCourses and study.net requirements.
- Partners with Associate Directors on international programs, especially contracting and vendor relations.
- Partners with admissions team on scheduling class visits for prospective students.
- Liaison with other Haas programs (namely FT, EMBA, MFE) student services staff to manage cross-over offerings.
Operational and Administrative, including:
- Responsible for EWMBA Program Office business processes and for training other EWMBA staff in these processes.
- Database maintenance: maintain and update all student databases, generates and analyzes reports accordingly.
- Web development: maintain and update current student web pages and other relevant EMBA pages.
- Parking and transportation issues.
- Work on special programs as assigned.
- Attend classes and conferences which will enhance expertise in job areas.
- Serve on departmental and campus-wide committees as appropriate.
- Participate in activities that enhance the campus community and/or larger community to further University service.
- Experience working with high profile customers and/or with an organization which provides a high-end service or product.
- Knowledge and experience working with diverse populations; multicultural competencies.
- Working knowledge of university settings, and the ability to interpret policies and procedures to students.
- Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with other departments, programs, universities, community organizations and other institutions.
- Outstanding customer service focus and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. Must be able to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and work as part of a team
- The successful candidate must have a high comfort level with technology, demonstrating proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Access and comfort working with CRM systems.
- Skills in service orientation, active listening, critical thinking.
- Ability in problem identification, reasoning.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Previous work experience in student service with an academic focus helpful but not essential.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work certain evenings and weekends with occasional travel.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
- Knowledge of University-specific computer application programs and pertinent databases.
- Knowledge of University processes and procedures.
- Understanding of University rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of HTML and Dreamweaver.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a 4-month, 40-hours per week, temporary (Contract) position. This position is eligible for mid-level benefits. To learn more about what is included in our mid-level benefits package, please visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/eligibility/index.html
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1072&PostingSeq=1