October 24th, 2019
Next review date:
Thursday, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Wednesday, Sep 30, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The College of Environmental Design (CED) at UC Berkeley invites applications for a pool of qualified temporary, part-time instructors to teach studio and non-studio courses for the Master of Real Estate Development + Design program (MRED+D) in the following areas: real estate finance, development, law, and professional practice, architecture, city planning, urban design, and landscape architecture should an opening arise.
Screening of applicants is ongoing and will continue as needed. The number of positions varies from semester to semester (fall, spring and summer), depending upon the needs of MRED+D program leadership. Lecturers are appointed at 33% time when teaching one course per semester, and at reduced percentage when co-teaching. The department rarely appoints lecturers to teach two or more courses per semester. Salary is commensurate with experience. This pool will remain open until September 30, 2020 to accommodate upcoming program needs. Those interested in remaining in the pool beyond that date will need to reapply.
General Duties: In addition to teaching responsibilities, general duties include holding office hours, assigning grades, advising students, preparing course materials (e.g., syllabus), and using Cal's electronic resources for course management.
Basic qualifications: Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent international degree, at time of application.
- Advanced degree (Master's degree or equivalent international degree); or a professional degree or equivalent international degree where applicable.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent international degree, in one of the following concentrations such as: Architecture, Landscape Architecture, City & Regional or Urban Planning, Economics, Business, Real Estate, Law.
- Teaching experience.
- 5 years of work experience since degree.
Application Process: Please submit applications on line at: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF02386
Your application is only complete and available for review when you receive an auto-generated confirmation from the recruitment system.
Letters of reference are not needed at time of application. If needed, the department will contact references directly to request the letters. All letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality: https://apo.berkeley.edu/ucb-confidentiality-policy
prior to submitting their letters.
Please direct questions to Greg Morrow firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage applications from individuals who will contribute to diversity in higher education. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Interest
- Statement on Contributions to Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Statement on your contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including information about your understanding of these topics, your record of activities to date, and your specific plans and goals for advancing equity and inclusion if hired at Berkeley (for additional information go to https://ofew.berkeley.edu/recruitment/contributions-diversity).
- Portfolio (if interested in teaching studio classes) - Max 10MB
- 3 required (contact information only)