The Department of Management in the Davis College of Business and Economics and Radford University seeks a full-time faculty in entrepreneurship who will also serve as the Director of the Radford University Venture Lab (VL). The position is classified as a full-time temporary faculty. The position will serve as Director of the VL and teach two entrepreneurship or related courses in the department each semester. As Director, they will be responsible for providing leadership in developing and promoting innovation and entrepreneurship among the RU community and managing the operations and programs of the VL.
The Venture Lab’s main purpose is to attract a diverse student body from all disciplines at RU to entrepreneurship academic programs, courses, and related activities. It is also responsible for providing programs and services that facility the identification of innovative ideas and help develop those ideas into feasible business ventures.
· Demonstrated/proven experience in entrepreneurship,
· Ability to motivate nascent entrepreneurs,
· Ability to lead and coach innovation teams
· Strong communication, collaboration, and facilitation skills,
· Reliability in following through on ideas, handling details, and meeting deadlines.
· Previous budgetary responsibility,
· Demonstrated understanding of digital platforms and technologies,
· Experience as an entrepreneur and/or significant consulting experience.
· Experience pitching ideas and raising capital.
· Fund raising experience.
· Existing knowledge and contacts with the business community.
· Graduate Degree with at least 18 hours of management, entrepreneurship, or other relevant business courses.