Faculty Positions in the College of Business
at Alfaisal University; Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Alfaisal University (AU) is a highly ranked and successful University located in the capital city of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It was founded in 2008 as a private not for profit research-oriented university, where English is the official language of instructions. It consists of six colleges: Business, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, and General Sciences. College of Business (CoB) offers a BBA. degree in Business Administration with six majors (Accounting, Finance, Entrepreneurship & Family Business, HRM, Marketing, and Operations & Project Management), and an MBA degree with six tracks (General, Accounting & Taxation, Digital Marketing, Finance, Human Capital Management, and Healthcare Management) along with an active Executive Education program with strong connection to government agencies, businesses, and industry. CoB subscribes to Thomson-Reuters research database and provides strong support for research. Alfaisal is ranked 1st in Saudi Arabia and the Arab World, 31st in the World in the 2019 Times Higher Education rankings and 10th among small Universities according to the 2020 rankings.
The College has the following opening (at all levels):
- Operations Management/Project Management (four openings: One in MIS/IT, two in Business Analytics, and at least one in Project Management/Operations Strategy).
1- We are interested in candidates with:
- A PhD with focus on information systems, data science, project management, operations management or related fields.
- Ability to teach, using specialized software, from among a range of courses such as Big data intelligence, Data Management and Visualization, Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics, Introductory and Advanced Project Management, Information Systems, Operations Strategy.
- Strong potential for publication in high-quality international ABS ranked journals.
- The ability to teach courses addressed to different audiences, from undergraduate students to postgraduate and executive participants.
2- Application details:
Please submit your application package at: http://jobs.alfaisal.edu where it should include:
1. a letter of interest (including a brief outline of the candidate’s motivation).
2. a curriculum vitae.
3. Three most recently published journal articles.
4. a research and teaching statement.
5. teaching evaluations from the past two years (if applicable);
6. copies of diplomas.
7. contact information of 3 references.
Also send a copy of items 1 and 2 above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Saudi Arabia is a country in transformation; its economy is the third fastest growing after China and India. Riyadh is an attractive, modern, and vibrant city. It is the political, economic, and cultural hub of Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Coast Countries. Because of the large, well-established expatriate community, English is widely spoken by service providers at retail outlets, schools, hospitals, and other establishments. The climate in Riyadh is comfortable during the fall and spring semesters similar to what you might experience in the Southwestern part of the United States, very much like Tucson and Phoenix, AZ. There are numerous, world-class educational options for the children of AU faculty. The proximity of Saudi Arabia to other Middle Eastern, European, and Asian popular travel destinations makes it an ideal location for someone
that also would like to experience new cultures.
AU offers attractive rolling employment contracts with competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience of the candidate. We strive to be competitive with top research-oriented business schools in the USA. Attractive fringe benefits include family relocation and annual leave; medical/dental/optical/life insurances; and dependent/s schooling. Employment will require successful completion of credentials verification and background check(s) in accordance with university policies.