POSITION Laboratory Instructor, Management Information Systems
DEPARTMENT Business Administration
SCHOOL Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University
REPORTS TO Department Chair; College Dean
The College of Business Administration (COBA) offers a comprehensive business education of the highest quality, combined with a firm liberal arts foundation aiming at equipping students with the skills, expertise, and intellectual sophistication that are needed to succeed in today’s demanding global business environment. COBA instruction is based on the conviction that becoming a future business leader must also include personality and character development. COBA offers undergraduate degrees in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Management, and in Management Information Systems, as well as a Master of Business Administration (MBA) and an Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA). The undergraduate curricula blend comprehensive business coursework with a wide selection of liberal arts classes, and as such the education provided at COBA prepares students not only for a successful professional career in business, but also trains them to become useful citizens and advance the common good in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as articulated in Vision 2030, and beyond. A broad range of COBA core courses are available to meet the specific needs of individual degree programs. All students are required to successfully complete courses in Management Information Systems.
The interdisciplinary field of MIS combines and blends theories and practice from business administration, technology and social science. The MIS curriculum exposes to the latest technology tools that emphasizes conceptual, analytical and technical skills. These courses help students to apply information technology in the solution of business problems in today’s global business environment.
The College of Business Administration is committed to working towards achieving the goals articulated in Saudi Vision 2030. Our students expect to be globally competent and empowered with the communication, technological and critical thinking skills that the job market needs. Therefore, integrating technology in the curriculum will help the college achieve it mission and produce global competent graduate that today’s business sector requires. The COBA, with its three departments centralizes six defining competencies which are integral to its courses: Communication, Technology, Critical Thinking, Professional Development, Teamwork and Leadership.
The primary role of the Assessment Lab instructor is to:
- Provide regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, attendance, etc.;
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process;
- Contribute to the continuing innovation and development of the program;
- Continually improving and updating class material to meet student specific needs;
- Participate in departmental activities and service to the department such as meetings, committee memberships …etc.
Proficiency in the following:
- Microsoft Office
- Web Design
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- Work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- Integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- Promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
Teaching and other academic duties
- Contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching and research.
- Play a significant role in the design, development, and planning of courses and programs within the subject area as required.
- Play a significant role in the review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- Develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- Provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- Provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
- A candidate who holds Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree from a Western University in Management Information Systems or Information Technology or closely related field.
- Excellent English language skills both written and spoken as the instruction medium at PMU is in English.
- Ability to teach at the University Level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
- Maintain an appropriate scholarly or professional development activity and to keep up to date with developments in the field as necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- Participate in the comprehensive advisement of students majoring in the College.
- Contribute to the overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on appropriate committees and groups.
- Effectively contribute to the management and administrative processes and committee structures of the School, faculty, and College, as required.
- Participate in, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work (as either sustained or one-time projects) that facilitate School, faculty, or College performance and accreditation, as required.
- Participate in the recruitment, management, development, and mentoring of colleagues, as required.
- And perform any and all other position-related duties as requested by Chair, Dean, Vice Rector, or Rector.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Application to this position require a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and a portfolio (no more than 20 pages long) that includes representative professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; a narrative of administrative and leadership philosophy including a statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by the search committee.
Note: In order to apply for a position of Associate / Full Professor, candidates must provide a letter of promotion from an academic institution with a documented due process to the rank of Associate / Full Professor.
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
For more inquiries about this position, please contact the following:
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.