- Exciting opportunity to contribute to world class management education and research within the University of Sydney Business School
- 2 positions available – Academic Level B
- 3 year fixed-term contracts and base salary $106,343 – $126,279 plus superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney Business School is regarded as a leader in the region and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies. The Business school has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors.
We are seeking to make two appointments to our educational design and development team, who are responsible for delivering programs of work to transform the educational and student experience at the Business School, informed by rigorous research and evaluation. You will be joining a team of experienced and innovative educational developers, learning designers and media specialists to lead curriculum and pedagogical work on key undergraduate and postgraduate programs. In addition, we anticipate that both positions will be located within a new education and student experience research group.
Position 1 – Lecturer Educational Development (Learning Design)
Position 2 – Lecturer Educational Development (Learning Technology)
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Lecturers who can demonstrate:
- a PhD or equivalent in Education, Learning Technology or a Business-related field;
- evidence of high-quality teaching capability with experience in course and program design, development and evaluation;
- evidence of being able to work collegially and collaboratively with a team of academic and professional services staff to deliver pedagogical change;
- evidence of the ability to engage as a member of the University community in committees, administrative duties and governance at any or all of school, faculty or University level, as appropriate;
- an active research program with significant potential for future high-quality publications in learning design, pedagogy, learning technologies or related fields, as well as the capability to contribute to the outputs of the Transforming Education and the Student Experience in Business research group;
- Lecturer Educational Development (Learning Technology) – evidence of experience integrating learning technology solutions into an educational development and learning design approach at a course or program level;
- Lecturer Educational Development (Learning Design) – evidence of leading or being a senior member of a team that has deployed educational development and learning design approaches to transform teaching and learning at a course or program level.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia’s first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2458/1119F to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Sunday 15 December 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.