Search for University Jobs in Business
Program Coordinator, Global Experience Office
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Program Coordinator, Global Experience Office
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordination and oversight of key programs and processes within WPl's Global Projects Program and other WPI sponsored off-campus travel including: main contact for students and parents, program recruitment, placement process, program management, and other practices related to communications, operations and risk management for WPI sponsored off-campus travel. This position is a staff member in the Global Experience Office (GEO) and reports to the Director, GEO.
- Primary contact for students and parents concerning all inquiries related to off-campus programs including: application and placement process, project center travel, and site specific program details.
- Support risk management practices, including, but not limited to: registering students with the United States Department of State and reviewing participant health forms.
- Manage the acquisition and maintenance of data and administrative records (student, advisor, financial & budgetary) that support program activities.
- Facilitate the creation and distribution of pre-departure materials including: student handbooks, student and advisor online courses (Canvas), pre-departure orientation materials and presentations and other pre-departure resources as needed.
- Manage student selection process for assigned programs including maintenance and oversight of the online application tools and development and execution of an effective communication strategy with faculty and students to guide them through the application processes.
- Facilitate the visa application process for students participating on GPP programs, supporting group application processes and advising individual students. Maintain up to date records of visa and entry requirements for all programs.
- Maintain and update program materials in online program management system (eProjects) for programs as assigned.
- Coordinate web and print publications for the program including: providing detailed content management and verification of accuracy for all of the division's print and web publications, and social media platforms.
- Coordinate special events on and off campus, representing GEO at on-campus events, delivering presentations on WPl's Global Projects Program, and support other outreach efforts of the office.
- Participate as a member for the GEO incident management team, including the rotation for the on-call duty officer phone.
- Liaise with campus partner offices as assigned.
- Represent GEO internally within WPI on standing or ad-hoc committees and at public events.
- Represent WPI through participation and presentation in professional associations and meetings.
- Conduct 1-2 site visits per year to domestic or international project centers.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree +1-3 years experience in the international education field.
- Experience studying or working abroad.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple constituencies.
- Experience with online database management preferred.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and adapt and be flexible in response to changing demands.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point.
- Experience responding to field incidents desirable.
- Experience working in a study abroad office desirable.
- Proficiency in a language other than English a plus.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Program-Coordinator--Global-Experience-Office_R0001475
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |