- Full time continuing
- Opportunity to research and teach in Strategy as well as related fields of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at our internationally renowned and accredited Sydney Business School
- Academic Level B, Base Salary $110,856 – $131,639 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney Business School has an outstanding international reputation in management research and teaching, and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors. We are regarded as a leader in the region and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development. The University of Sydney Business School is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
Our Discipline of Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation is a new initiative, formed in 2018, and serves as a key plank in the Business School’s ‘Business Not as Usual’ strategy to distinguish itself among the leading Business Schools in Australia. The Discipline has just celebrated its third birthday and is home to a group of highly productive and engaged strategy, innovation and entrepreneurship scholars with diverse research interests. Faculty members employ both qualitative and quantitative research methods and publish in top disciplinary journals, including; Academy of Management Annals, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Strategic Management Journal, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Journal of Management Studies, Organization Studies and Human Relations.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- develop, teach and coordinate strategy, strategic management and possibly related innovation or entrepreneurship units of study (i.e. courses) to large and culturally diverse cohorts of undergraduate, postgraduate and/or MBA students,
- contribute to the research strengths of the discipline, through regular publication in top tier international journals and securing research grants. Your research could be in the field of strategy, or at its crossroads with innovation and/or entrepreneurship,
- supervise higher degree research students,
- be involved in multidisciplinary collaborations with scholars from other Faculties as well as external stakeholders. Both multidisciplinarity and external engagement are highly valued and materially supported at the University of Sydney,
- contribute to academic administration.
You will join a dynamic, engaged group in a highly collaborative and supportive research and teaching environment. The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values. We are looking for a Lecturer in Strategy who:
- has completed, or is nearing completion of a PhD in Strategy, Innovation or Entrepreneurship or closely related field,
- has evidence of, or can demonstrate strong potential for, successfully pursuing an ambitious research program, measured by publications in high quality refereed journals and secured funding,
- demonstrates the ability or potential to deliver high quality teaching and course development of strategy, innovation and/or entrepreneurship units in undergraduate, postgraduate or MBA programs,
- shows a commitment to engagement with industry and professional bodies to expand the School’s program of professional and industry research and educational collaborations.
We are particularly keen to meet applicants with the capacity to teach strategy and possibly innovation or entrepreneurship.
To be considered for this position, please provide a CV and a cover letter which demonstrates your suitability and enthusiasm for this role. These will provide evidence of how your experience and scholarship aligns with the role and should be uploaded online, along with any additional information you may have in support of your application.
Closing date for applications
11.59pm, 19 September 2021
How to apply
Please click here to apply https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/job/Camperdown…
For further information about the position please contact Associate Professor Stefan Meisiek at Stefan.email@example.com, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application please contact Recruitment Consultant Rae Hao on 8627 0063 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.