Faculty, Non Tenure Track, Visiting Professor - Marketing
: Faculty - Non Tenure Track (FT)
Utah Valley University's Department of Marketing in the Woodbury School of Business invites applications for a one-year visiting faculty position. The successful candidate will conduct assigned undergraduate and graduate courses and seminars. Plans, prepares, and follows an approved course of study with measurable objectives. Serves on college/school or university committees. Engages in scholarly activities, and/or creative endeavors which contribute to the academic mission of the university. Develops curriculum, independent study activities, and off-campus learning such as practicums and internships. Renders service to the community relevant to the appropriate academic specialty. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited university with a Doctorate in Marketing or related field required.
Must have research, work experience, or teaching experience in Digital Marketing, Marketing Strategy, or Marketing Principles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Extensive knowledge of subject matter and course content of classes to be taught, instructional strategies and techniques related to Marketing.
* Extensive knowledge of student management, motivation, and evaluation.
* Extensive knowledge of evaluation of instruction, curriculum development, program development and evaluation.
* Thorough knowledge of appropriate field of study.
* Skills related to Marketing (with potential graduate course responsibilities).
* Skills in public speaking and report writing.
* Skills in curriculum development and assessment.
* May be required to teach the following courses: Marketing Strategy, Marketing Management, Principles of Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Digital Marketing, or other marketing courses.
* Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific conditions.
* Ability to follow written and oral procedures and instructions.
* Ability to work effectively with people.
Secondary Experience in Entrepreneurial Marketing would be helpful. We also value practical work experience in marketing in addition to a doctoral degree.
Experience in program building preferred.
Talking continuously, sitting and standing regularly. Fine hand manipulation for use in computer systems.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/23315
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.