The mission of the Hospitality and Tourism Management program is to educate students for leadership in the global hospitality and tourism industries and to advance the profession through excellence in teaching, research, and service. The program offers a B.S. in Hospitality Management, an M.S. in Hospitality Management, an M.S. in International Sustainable Tourism, and two 12-hour online Graduate Certificates in Hospitality Management, and Event and Tourism Management. The M.S. in Hospitality Management is offered as both resident and 100% online program. The Hospitality Management program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration.
Teach undergraduate/graduate courses; build partnerships with the hospitality industry; participate in university, school, and department committees and other service.
- Earned masters’ degree in hospitality management or aligned field at the time of appointment. A Juris Doctor degree is accepted.
- Expertise in two or more of the following areas in hospitality: human resources, law, and management.
- Three or more years of working experience in hospitality or related industry.
- Doctorate (or ABD) in hospitality management or aligned field.
- Experience in college-level teaching.
- Experience in web-based course development.
- Two or more years of managerial experience in hospitality or related industry.