- The opportunity to contribute to world class business information systems research and education within the University of Sydney Business School and to work in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Academic Level B or Level C
- Full-time, continuing, remuneration package: $123K-$173K (which includes salary, leave loading and 17% superannuation). A salary supplement may be negotiated with the successful applicant
About the opportunity
Founded in 2002, in response to requests from the local business community, the Discipline of Business Information Systems at The University of Sydney Business School has become a vibrant group, internationally recognised for its high-impact research, unorthodox scholarship in the field of digital technology, leadership in business education, and high-profile industry engagement.
We are seeking a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Business Information Systems to contribute to:
- the research strengths of the School, including the pursuit of competitive research grants and regular publication in journals of high national and international standing
- the School’s expanding program of professional and industry research collaboration, with a focus on the school’s core research areas and existing research groups
- the effective teaching in Business Information Systems units at undergraduate and postgraduate levels to culturally-diverse student cohorts, curriculum development and the enhancement of teaching methodology
- the School’s engagement with professional bodies in order to develop innovative teaching programs that enhance the student learning experience and their employability
- the supervision of higher degree research students
- academic administration and service activities.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Business Information Systems who possess:
- a PhD in information systems or a closely related field (completed or under examination)
- demonstrated ability to achieve research outcomes with quality refereed publications in Information Systems
- expertise in one or more of the key areas of business information systems, in particular: Digital Business Models, Digital Innovation, Agile Methodologies in IS, Digital Work Environments, Data in Business Decision-Making, Digital Transformation, Critical Data Science
- IS theoretical and methodological background, familiarity with interpretivist, qualitative research approaches
- interest in emerging phenomena and innovative, inter-disciplinary research approaches
- demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- ability to communicate technical concepts effectively in English
- the willingness to contribute to the Business School’s service and promotional activities, e.g. student information days
There are further essential criteria for appointment at Senior Lecturer level and desirable criteria for Lecturer level.
We are known for our influential, conceptual, and innovative thinking on matters of digital technology in business and society, at the intersection of people, work practices and organisations. We take a balanced view of technology with a sensitivity for both new opportunities from digital innovation as well as critical matters of individual privacy, agency and freedom, market disruptions, power and inequality. The Discipline has strong connections with universities around the world and regularly hosts leading international scholars.
Colleagues in the discipline are engaged in topic areas such as digital innovation, digital transformation, digital commerce, fintech, business intelligence, data science, social media, futures thinking, design, project management, enterprise systems, information governance, interoperability, and sustainability.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 806/0419C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Wednesday 26 June 2019 (Sydney time)
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.