In view of its current development, ESDES is opening several full-time positions in :
- Management and Financial Accounting / Corporate Finance (one senior and one junior position)
- Marketing, Sales and Negotiations / Digital Marketing/ Data Management (one senior and one junior position)
- Supply Chain Management (one junior position)
As a faculty member, you will be expected to perform the tasks listed below :
- Develop a consistent line of research and publish in high-quality journals
- Deliver top-quality education at undergraduate and post-graduate level
- Develop new courses as required
- Supervise master theses
- Follow and advise students during their internships
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of students
- Participate in the school’s general activities
We are looking for candidates with the following profile :
- PhD in a business-related discipline (near-completion for junior positions)
- Evidence of quality research
- Ability to publish in high-quality, peer-reviewed journals and to publish case studies
- Research in one or more specialization areas of current faculty members
- Excellent teaching qualities
- Enjoy working in a team and ability to manage a team or a project (for senior position)
- Fluency in English and basic knowledge of French (recommended)
About the school:
ESDES is a member of the elite group of French Grandes Ecoles. It shares with the Catholic University of Lyon, to which it belongs, a brand-new campus located right in the historical city center. The school mainly offers an integrated Master’s degree program (taught in english and french) to high-school graduates who are admitted through a selective entrance examination. The portfolio of programs is rapidly expanding and now includes a three-year bachelor degree and some executive education. ESDES offers publication bonuses for peer-reviewed publications, following the French CNRS Journals Ranking list or FNEGE Journals Ranking List.
The mission of ESDES is to train students and professionals, through education and research, to create sustainable value, in order to promote the emergence of a responsible economy in an increasingly globalized and digital world. The values underpinning this mission are collective engagement, exemplary behavior, cultural and social openness, and a quest for excellence. Indeed, ESDES graduates have gained a reputation in the market for high employability skills. More than 70% secure permanent positions before graduation and 98% are employed within the next 6 months.
More on ESDES website: www.esdes.fr
Lyon is a dynamic business hub which ranks second in France after Paris. The surrounding region of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes also boasts a number of world-leading companies in electronics, clean-tech, and biotechnologies. This makes Lyon the most sought-after employment destination among French graduates and executives.
The city counts the second largest number of university students in France. The atmosphere in town is lively throughout the year. Lyon is a city of culture. Major events are regularly taking place. Besides, Lyon is world-famous for the quality of its restaurants and counts more than its fair share of tourist attractions. No wonder Lyon has recently been named the Best Weekend Destination in Europe!
If you feel the positions correspond to your profile, please apply by sending us the following
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Up to 3 most representative papers
- Teaching evaluations
- At least 2 recommendation letters or references available for contact
Applications must be sent by email before 29th March 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org For further details, feel free to contact Dr Olivier MAILLARD, Dean and General Manager. Email: email@example.com
The positions should be filled by 1st September 2019.