The Harbert College of Business at Auburn University invites applications and nominations for the Associate Dean of Graduate and Executive Programs. The Associate Dean reports directly to the Dean and is a key member of the college leadership team participating in setting college wide strategic priorities. The Associate Dean provides administrative, operational, and programmatic oversight for online and residential MBA, specialty masters, executive education, and graduate certificates. The Associate Dean will collaborate with the Dean, other Associate Deans, Department Chairs and faculty and staff to support existing and develop new innovative graduate and executive education programs.
* Lead strategic analysis and develop future direction of MBA, specialized graduate masters, executive, and continuing education programs and strategies that support the college mission, strategic plan, and areas of distinction.
* Provide strategic leadership and staff supervision to effectively execute all operations and processes associated with masters and executive programs, including but not limited to:
* Enrollment management, recruitment, and admissions processes
* Curriculum delivery across all modalities (in-person, remote, and blended)
* Immersive, high-impact learning experiences including international, internships, and case competitions
* Executive program residencies and online delivery
* Student advising and support services
* Professional and career development and placement
* In conjunction with the Dean and Assistant Dean of Finance and Administration, develop budgets, provide fiscal oversight, and effectively steward college funds generated by graduate programs.
* In conjunction with the Dean and Director of Alumni and Community Relations, develop an alumni recognition, relations and engagement strategy that includes MBA, Master of Real Estate Development (MRED) and other Advisory Councils.
* Ensure data management and standard reporting for student applicant, admissions and placement monitoring, assessment of learning, accreditation, and rankings, and provide reports for regular program review by the college leadership team.
* Lead with intentionality regarding establishing a diverse and inclusive culture among staff, faculty, and students.
* Work closely with department chairs to identify and ensure the sufficiency of qualified instructional faculty. Represent the Harbert College of Business on behalf of the Dean as needed and serve as a collaborative member of the college executive team and Auburn University’s Graduate Liaison committee.
About the College: The https://harbert.auburn.edu/Harbert College of Business and our https://harbert.auburn.edu/degrees-programs/mba/index.htmlgraduate programs have a strong tradition of providing highly desirable graduates and generating knowledge that drives diverse business thought and sustainable business practice. The college and its programs consistently rank among the nation’s best public undergraduate and graduate business programs. The Harbert College has experienced steady enrollment growth in recent years and currently serves well over 5,000 undergraduate and graduate students through six academic departments offering eight undergraduate majors and multiple Masters and Ph.D. options. In addition, the Harbert College has raised over $130 million in private support during the most recent “Because this is Auburn” campaign. The college pioneered online masters and executive education programs that are now ranked among the very best in the nation. The college has invested in building a nationally recognized faculty that moves thought forward through research, engages with industry, and delivers relevant and current instruction.
About Auburn University: The http://www.auburn.edu/academic/provost/facultyjobs/Auburn family values tradition, yet eagerly prepares for the future. Rooted in more than 160 years of tradition, Auburn University occupies 1,841 acres and is the academic home to more than 30,000 students. Auburn’s commitment to active student engagement and professional success, and public/private partnerships garners a growing reputation for outreach and extension that delivers broad economic, health and societal impact.
Location: https://www.auburnalabama.org/Auburn, AL, is a vibrant and thriving college town and community. Southern Living recently recognized the city of Auburn as one of the top small towns in the South and Money magazine named Auburn as the best place to live in Alabama. Known as the ‘Loveliest Village on the Plains,’ Auburn offers a high quality of life including a vibrant cultural scene at the new Gogue Performing Arts Center, SEC sports throughout the academic year, national award-winning chefs and restaurants, a K-12 school system that is top-ranked in the state, general and concierge healthcare options, and an exceptional College of Veterinary Medicine for pet care. Chewacla State Park, just five miles from campus, offers camping, hiking, and mountain biking, as well as swimming and boating opportunities. Auburn’s historical sister town, https://www.opelika-al.gov/31/Living-VisitingOpelika, is a fifteen-minute drive and has become known for its eclectic downtown offerings including multiple distilleries and breweries, boutiques, and hobby shops. Visit https://www.aotourism.com/Auburn Opelika Tourism for more information. The Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport is only 90 minutes away, with multiple shuttle service options to/from Auburn daily. Birmingham is a similar drive to the north, and the state capital of Montgomery is only 50 minutes to the southwest. World-famous Gulf Coast beaches are only a 3-hour drive to the south, and the beautiful Appalachian Mountains are only a 4-hour drive to the northeast. Auburn University is understanding of, and sensitive to, the family needs of faculty, including dual-career couples.
Auburn University is an EEO/Vet/Disability employer.