Experiential Learning Project Coordinator (4722C), Haas School of Business - 27471 - 1064
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 20, 2019
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all.
Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
Off-site Event Planning & Execution:
- Organize the schedule for off-sites balancing various factors including venue details, travel time, faculty needs, guest speaker requests, etc.
- Coordinate with various vendors such as hotels, transportation providers, and caterers.
- Compile content and create comprehensive digital guide for immersions, working with a graphic designer as needed.
Administrative/Operational Support of EMBA Electives Academic Cycle:
- Run quality assurance checks on EMBA Elective Registration
- Book classroom space for EMBA Electives
- Maintain enrollment data for EMBA Electives
- Compile faculty availability and create Academic Schedule for Summer and Fall Semesters.
- Other projects as designated by the Associate Director of Academics
- Edits and proofread materials for content and consistency.
- Create and process surveys and other student communication tools such as Google Forms, Qualtrics, and Eventbrite.
- Applies office software. Compiles and arrays spreadsheets using subject matter knowledge of the material to ensure data results are consistent with the nature of the data.
- Assist with the implementation of EMBA events (academic, campus events, and student experience needs)
- Thorough knowledge in administrative procedures and processes including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, active listening, critical thinking, and time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills for managing relationships with faculty, students, vendors, and campus partners.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance environment, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as be an integral member of a team.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learning to new and unforeseen challenges.
- Adaptability and grace under pressure.
- Appreciation of and experience in meeting the needs of a diverse population.
- Equivalent experience.
- Event planning and execution experience.
- Experience in website creation/maintenance and use of survey tools.
Salary & Benefits
This is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience within the Union negotiated range of $24.17 - $29.65 / Step 1.0 - 10.0.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a Career position at 75% time (30-hours per week). This career position is eligible for full benefits. To learn more about what is included in our full benefits package, please visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/eligibility/index.html
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1064&PostingSeq=1