The College of Business at the Australian University (AU) invites applications for faculty positions at the level of Assistant / Associate Professor in the area of Management Information System (MIS). Successful candidates should have demonstrated teaching and research abilities in the related field.
AU is one of Kuwait's leading academic institutions that offer learning opportunities in the disciplines of Aviation, Business and Engineering. AU is committed to becoming a pioneer in providing analytical and hands-on skills for its students that are current with the labor market needs. AU focuses on innovative teaching and learning methodologies that in turn reflect on students' thinking approach towards problem solving and project-based learning in many of the offered disciplines. Furthermore, AU advocates the building of a sustainable research and development environment dedicated to contributing to the society and economic development aligned with the New Kuwait 2035 vision.
Successful candidate joining AU can expect a career nourishing experience where career paths are defined, employee recognition and engagement are utmost and professional development opportunities are specified and executed. For all of these reasons and more AU is recognized and accredited by the Investors In People organization, which is a mark in high performance in organizational people management.
AU is dedicated to attracting the highest caliber faculty from across the world to continue offering a multicultural experience for our students, faculty and staff.
To this end, AU seeks experienced faculty members that are keen to be part of this dynamic institution that matches the abovementioned academic ranks to join the College of Business commencing 20th August 2023. At this stage, priority will be given to candidates’ specialty with a strong record of undergraduate and graduate education, a nationally and internationally recognized research record and a strong vision for multidisciplinary research related to Business Marketing and closely related fields. Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Preference will be given to the candidates who will combine excellence in teaching with a demonstrated capacity to conduct interdisciplinary research that will expand and complement our current research program.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- A Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate in a related discipline from an accredited institution is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates graduated from and/or served previously in preeminent institutions of higher education;
- Excellent teaching and curriculum development experience;
- Industry exposure through research, consultancy, or professional activities;
- Strong record of scholarly publication, an ability to attract and sustain externally sponsored research funding;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; and
- The ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
You are kindly requested to attach the following documents along with your application:
- A cover letter summarizing teaching and research experience;
- A copy of an updated CV, including nationality, date of birth (for visa purposes);
- A statement of teaching vision;
- A statement of research vision; and
- The names of three referees, one of which should be an academic supervisor (if possible).
More about AU: Programs at AU lead to diploma and bachelor degrees in a number of engineering, aviation, and business disciplines. The language of instruction is English. AU programs are delivered in cooperation with internationally recognized universities and are accredited both locally and internationally.
AU has a strategic partnership with Central Queensland University (CQU) Australia. Additionally, all the programs offered by the College of Business are accredited by the American Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The engineering programs are accredited by Engineers Australia whereas our Aviation programs are accredited by EASA as an international body and many other local Aviation regulators. Furthermore, our English Language Department is accredited by EAQUALS for its commitment to excellence in English language education.