Post Doctoral Positions in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The College of Science and Engineering, Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU)
The Engineering Management and Decision Sciences division at the College of Science and Engineering, Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) – Qatar seeks applications for Post-Doctoral Positions in the area of Logistics and Supply Chain and Operations Management to start as soon as possible. The positions are typically for one year with possibility of additional yearly extension depending on the projects and on the research performance of the Post-Doctoral researcher. A tax free competitive financial package per year is provided with possibilities of reasonably priced housing on-campus (in Education City).
Potential Research projects:
The following are a subset of potential research projects:
- A potential first project is in the area of supply chain resilience, new supply chain configurations, and risk management relative to international inbound logistics for Qatar generated by the blockade,
- A second project is in the area of shared economy using electric cars in Qatar. The upcoming integrated transport system in Qatar calls for the optimization of the first mile and last mile in conjunction with the new metro system.
- A third project could be linked to recycling of materials waste (bottles, etc). This system may be formulated as a closed green supply chain with the objective to develop new business models from the transformation of recycled waste,
- A fourth project may be in the area of product development and innovation with a focus on smart and additive manufacturing.
Required Qualifications & Skills for the Post Doc positions
- Applicants should hold a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management or related field from a reputable university.
- Applicants should have strong modeling and mathematical skills as well as mastering of appropriate optimization and simulation packages
- Applicants must be active researchers with demonstrated good record of scholarly journal publications in one of the above-mentioned research streams or related topics,
- International experience and qualifications will be given preference.
- English language proficiency is a must.
The position (s) are full-time at HBKU in Qatar.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, a statement of research interests, and a curriculum vita, to:
Prof. Dr. Laoucine Kerbache, EMAIL: email@example.com
Additional recommendation letters and supporting documents may be requested from short-listed candidates.
Review of applicants will begin immediately. The posting is expected to remain open until positions are filled.