Position: Lecturer, non-tenure track, nine-month appointment
Start Date: Position is available with start date of August 16, 2023.
- Contribute through teaching and service to both the Financial Planning Certificate and the Bachelor of Science in Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies.
- Teach lecture and seminar courses in the following areas: Financial wellness/wealth management; Consumer/family financial planning and resource management; Consumer spending, saving, and philanthropic behaviors.
- Provide leadership to the new Financial Planning Certificate and prepare application to register the program with the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board.
- Participate in undergraduate student advising and mentoring.
- Provide service to the department and college.
- Be involved in relevant professional associations and entities.
Program, Department and University: The Department of Consumer and Design Sciences has 20 faculty positions (16 full-time, tenured/tenure track and 4 lecturers), 630 undergraduates and 30 graduate students. Bachelor of Science programs are Apparel, Merchandising, Design and Production Management, Interior Design, and Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies. The graduate program offers master’s and doctoral degrees in Consumer and Design Sciences.
The B.S. in Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies (PNPS) uniquely integrates personal financial planning/wealth management with philanthropic endeavors and nonprofit organizations. A PNPS Minor has drawn students from across campus since 2011 and the new Financial Planning Certificate will prepare and qualify students to sit for the post-graduation certification exam to become a Certified Financial Planner®. The Cary Center for the Advancement of Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies, a well-established academic center in the College of Human Sciences, is affiliated with the Department, which offer tremendous outreach opportunities.
Auburn University, a R1 land-grant institution with 30,000 students, is located in the east Alabama city of Auburn, and has consistently been ranked by US News and World Report as one of the top 50 public universities in the United States. For more information please see http://humsci.auburn.edu/cads/
. Auburn University is understanding and sensitive to the needs of faculty, including dual-career couples.