Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE), is a leading undergraduate and master’s level private, non-profit educational institution founded in 1903. The institution serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students in the areas of engineering, mathematics, business, nursing and communications. The university prides itself in having more laboratories than classrooms on campus, showing our commitment to experiential learning. The university’s primary mission is excellence in student learning, and university faculty are primarily evaluated on their teaching excellence. MSOE community is guided by six values – collaboration, excellence, inclusion, innovation, integrity and stewardship – that represent the core of our campus culture. Under the leadership of Dr. John Walz, MSOE has embarked on an ambitious strategic plan, Extraordinary Together, that will propel the institution over the next five years.
MSOE is located in the heart of downtown Milwaukee, known for its numerous festivals, beautiful lakefront, ethnic restaurants and cultural activities. MSOE offers a very competitive benefits plan to all full-time employees including medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, and retirement plan. Educational benefits are available for employees and family members as well as an on-campus fitness center for all employees. To view more detailed information about MSOE and our open positions, please visit www.msoe.edu/hr.
The Rader School of Business (RSOB) at Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Accounting at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual with demonstrated excellence in teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate level, a record of applied research with the ability to engage students in their professional and career preparation. Successful candidate will work with our small accounting team to oversee the development and growth of our brand-new Accounting Program and teach related in-seat and online courses. The new accounting program plays to the strengths of MSOE in data analytics and the use of AI.
The following are essential duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Contribute expertise to course and curriculum development efforts within the department and in interdisciplinary efforts.
- Engage in professional development activities to enhance teaching effectiveness and maintain currency in the discipline.
- Conduct scholarly activities consistent with professional interests and teaching responsibilities, and as described in the MSOE Faculty Handbook.
- Provide substantive input to the department and university through representation and meaningful participation in committees, quality initiatives, assessment activities, and accreditation reviews.
The following attributes and credentials are required of the candidate:
- Doctorate in Accounting or/ and Analytics or other relevant discipline
- Ideal candidate will have experience in college-level teaching
- Preference will be given to candidates who also qualified as a CPA
- Preference will be given to candidates with an interest in the use of AI
- Industry experience in data analytics and accounting are strongly preferred
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, such as R, Python, and database query languages is strongly preferred
- Candidates should have pertinent experience in utilizing appropriate technology in course development and delivery
- Self-starter with a desire to build a strong academic program
- Student focused
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- Ability to work well with a variety of individuals in a professional, courteous and tactful manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Candidates must apply using the following link: http://www.milwaukeejobs.com/apply/add/39602959
Come join our dynamic university!
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of MSOE to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all jobs at the University and to all the terms, benefits, and conditions of employment/enrollment.